EU chief’s assessment of Ukrainian casualties deleted: ずくなしの冷や水

2022年12月01日

EU chief’s assessment of Ukrainian casualties deleted

EU chief’s assessment of Ukrainian casualties deleted

・・・ウクライナは死者の数値公表を拒否しています。

Ursula von der Leyen had earlier said around 100,000 Kiev troops had been killed to date
A claim about the number of Ukrainian soldiers killed during the conflict with Russia has been removed from a speech by European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen on the executive’s official website.

“More than 100,000 Ukrainian military officers have been killed so far,” she declared during an address earlier on Wednesday, adding that around 20,000 civilians had also died in nine months of fighting. The source of this information was not provided.

However, her reference to Kiev's death toll soon disappeared from the text of the speech on the European Commission’s website. It was also cut from a video of the address on the website and on von der Leyen’s account on Twitter.

The editing was noticed by some media outlets and social media users, who compared the two versions of the statement online. The move was then officially confirmed by the European Commission.

The EU executive body’s spokeswoman Dana Spinant took to Twitter to thank those who had “pointed out the inaccuracy” in von der Leyen’s speech.

“The estimation used, from external sources, should have referred to casualties, i.e. both killed and injured, and was meant to show Russia’s brutality,” she wrote.
ウルスラ・フォン・デア・ライエンは以前、これまでに約10万人のキエフ軍兵士が殺害されたと述べていた
欧州委員会のウルスラ・フォン・デア・ライエン委員長の演説から、ロシアとの紛争中に死亡したウクライナ軍人の数に関する主張が、同委員会の公式ウェブサイト上で削除された。

彼女は水曜日未明の演説で、「これまでに10万人以上のウクライナ軍人が死亡した」と宣言し、9カ月に及ぶ戦闘で約2万人の民間人も死亡したと付け加えた。この情報の出所は明らかにされていない。

しかし、キエフの死者数に関する彼女の言及は、欧州委員会のウェブサイトに掲載された演説のテキストからすぐに消えてしまった。また、同サイトやツイッターのフォン・デル・ライエン氏のアカウントに掲載された演説の動画からもカットされていた。

この編集は一部のメディアやソーシャルメディアのユーザーによって注目され、ネット上で2つのバージョンの声明を比較した。その後、この動きは欧州委員会により公式に確認された。

EU執行機関の広報担当者であるダナ・スピナントはツイッターで、フォン・デル・ライエンの演説の「不正確さを指摘」した人たちに感謝の意を表した。

「外部情報源から得た推定値を用いたのは、死傷者の数、すなわち死者と負傷者の両方を指すべきであり、ロシアの残虐性を示すためのものだった」と彼女は書いている。

Ukraine objects to EU assessment of its casualties
The number of dead is “sensitive” and up to Kiev's top officials to release, a presidential spokesman insisted
Ukraine has reacted badly to a claim from European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen. that it has lost more than 100,000 personnel in the conflict with Russia.

Released via Twiitter, it was deleted from von der Leyen's account earlier on Wednesday. Kiev argued that it was up to President Vladimir Zelensky and top Ukrainian officials to voice such numbers.

However, officials did not deny the European Commission President's estimates.

Zelensky’s spokesman, Sergey Nikoforov, told Ukrainian media on Wednesday that such “sensitive” information should only be made public by the country’s top military commander General Valery Zaluzhny, Defense Minister Aleksey Reznikov, or the president himself.

Earlier in the day, the head of the EU executive branch cited an assessment that more than 100,000 Ukrainian troops and over 20,000 civilians have been killed in the conflict with Russia. The video statement has since been pulled from her Twitter account and replaced with a new version, which omits the figures. Von der Leyen did not identify the source of the assessment.

Earlier in the month, US General Mark Milley, who serves as the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said that over 100,000 soldiers may have been killed and wounded on each side of the conflict, with 40,000 civilians killed as collateral damage.

Milley, speaking at the Economic Club of New York, said that the winter season would cause hostilities to go “static” and open “a window of opportunity” for negotiations. The call for diplomacy reportedly outraged officials in Kiev, who pledged to continue fighting against Russia until it fully regains pre-2014 positions.

In her Wednesday address, von der Leyen urged the UN to convene a special tribunal to try Russia for its alleged crimes against Ukraine.

The Commission chief also shared the EU’s plans to invest seized Russian national reserves and “oligarch” money for profit that would later be used to rebuild Ukraine. She estimated Ukraine’s damage at €600 billion ($621bn) so far, which dwarfs the €319 billion ($330bn) of Russian funds blocked by the EU. The assets would only be unfrozen after anti-Russia sanctions are lifted, to be paid in compensation to Ukraine, the official stated.

Top Russian officials, including President Vladimir Putin, have criticized the freezing of assets by the US and its allies, including the EU. At first, they devalued national reserves denominated in dollars and euros through inflation, and later “pawed and pocketed” them, Putin remarked in October.
ウクライナ、EUの死傷者数評価に異議を唱える
死者の数は「機密事項」であり、キエフのトップが発表することだと、大統領報道官は主張した。
ウクライナは、欧州委員会のウルスラ・フォン・デア・ライエン委員長が、ロシアとの紛争で10万人以上の兵士を失ったと主張したことにひどく反発している。

Twiitterを通じて公開されたこの声明は、フォン・デル・ライエン氏のアカウントから水曜日に削除された。キエフは、そのような数字を声に出すのはウラジミール・ゼレンスキー大統領とウクライナ政府高官次第だと主張した。

しかし、当局者は欧州委員会委員長の試算を否定しなかった。

ゼレンスキー大統領のセルゲイ・ニコフォロフ報道官は2日、ウクライナのメディアに対し、このような「機密」情報は、同国軍最高司令官のヴァレリー・ザルジニー将軍、アレクセイ・レズニコフ国防相、または大統領自身によってのみ公表されるべきものだと述べた。

これに先立ち、EU執行部のトップは、ロシアとの紛争でウクライナ軍10万人以上、民間人2万人以上が死亡したという評価を引用した。その後、動画の声明は彼女のツイッターアカウントから削除され、数字を省略した新しいバージョンに差し替えられた。フォン・デア・ライエンは、評価の出所を明らかにしていない。

今月初め、統合参謀本部議長を務めるマーク・ミリー米大将は、紛争の両側で10万人以上の兵士が死傷し、4万人の民間人が巻き添えで犠牲になった可能性があると述べた。

ニューヨークの経済クラブで講演したミリー氏は、冬の季節になると敵対行為が「静観」され、交渉のための「機会の窓」が開かれると述べた。外交を求める声は、2014年以前の地位を完全に取り戻すまでロシアとの戦闘を続けると誓ったキエフの当局者を激怒させたと伝えられている。

フォン・デル・ライエン委員長は水曜日の演説で、ロシアをウクライナに対する犯罪の容疑者として裁く特別法廷を招集するよう国連に要請した。

また、同委員長は、押収したロシアの国家備蓄と「オリガルヒ」の資金を投資して利益を上げ、後にウクライナの再建に役立てるというEUの計画も披露した。同委員長は、ウクライナの被害額をこれまでのところ6,000億ユーロ(約6,210億円)と推定しているが、これはEUがブロックしているロシアの資金3,190億ユーロ(約3,300億円)を凌ぐものである。資産の凍結解除は反ロシア制裁解除後に行い、ウクライナへの補償金として支払うとした。

プーチン大統領を含むロシアのトップは、米国とEUを含むその同盟国による資産凍結を批判している。最初はインフレでドルやユーロ建ての外貨準備を切り下げ、その後「ポーンとポケットに入れた」とプーチン大統領は10月に発言している。

posted by ZUKUNASHI at 08:18| Comment(0) | ウクライナ
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。