シリアでトルコ兵士の死亡が増える: ずくなしの冷や水

2020年02月28日

シリアでトルコ兵士の死亡が増える

2020/2/27、イドリブでトルコ兵がシリア軍の攻撃で33人殺され、トルコが窮地に追い込まれています。トルコとロシアとの取り決めで、トルコがロシアに通知したトルコ軍の配置個所はシリア軍に攻撃を控えさせることになっているのですが、2/27のシリア軍の攻撃箇所にはトルコがこっそり兵士をテロリストに交じって配置していたのです。ロシアはトルコのクレームに対して、そういう配置の通報は受けていないと一蹴しています。
トルコは、ロシアがつれないためにロシアと戦火を交えるような威勢の良いことを言っていますが、できるはずがありません。NATOを引き込もうとしたようですが、NATOはイラクやアフガンからも退去を求められているところで、とても付き合えない話です。エルドアンが参加した会議は6時間続いたと言います。トルコがテロリストの指揮者として兵士を現地に送り込めば、またやられます。2/27の攻撃ではロシアは参加していなかったようですが、テロリストと兵士が一緒になってロシアの戦闘機にMANPADを発射したためその発射地点をロシア機が爆撃しました。このMANPAD発射の模様をテロリストサイドの広報機関が動画で報じ、その後の報復攻撃の結果とともにSNSで流れました。なんという無謀なことを・・・。
エルドアンの裏と表の使い分けは、いずれ破綻するときが来るわけで、エルドアンは3月5日に予定されるプーチンとの会談に期待をかけているようですが、ロシア軍はイドリブのテロリスト制圧はここが正念場、瀬戸際だと見ています。エルドアンの期待するような結果は出てこない。もうシリア政府のテロリストとの戦いを欧米の妨害を防止しながら進めるうえでのエルドアンの役割は終わったのです。

中ほどにある動画はトルコ軍がシリア軍を攻撃している画像だそうですが、ドローン画像を使ってどこから爆弾を発射しているのでしょう。迫撃砲ではこんなに命中しませんよね。

SOUTHFRONT
Idlib Escalation Is Slowly Pushing Turkey To Open Conflict With Russia
The February 27 incident in Syria’s Idlib, in which at least 33 Turkish soldiers were killed, caused a new wave of anti-Syrian and anti-Russian hysteria among Turkish media and top Turkish officials.
Mesut Hakki Casin, an adviser to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, even claimed that Turkey had “fought Russia 16 times in the past, we will do it again.” Defense Minister Hulusi Akar also accused Russia of Turkish casualties claiming that strikes on Turkish troops continued even after the message to the Russian side:
“This attack occurred even though the locations of our troops had been coordinated with Russian officials in the field,” Defense Minister Akar said. “Despite warnings after the first strike, the Syrian regime unfortunately continued its attacks, even targeting ambulances.”
The Russian Defense Ministry emphasized that the killed Turkish soldiers were embedded with terrorists (members of Hayat Tahrir al-Sham and other al-Qaeda groups that Ankara supports) and that Turkish troops had not informed Russia about their deployement in the area.
Later, the Russian side once again emphasized:
No Turkish troops located at observation points were harmed;
Turkish troops hit by strikes were located in the combat zone, near terrorists;
Turkish observation posts had to prevent agression by militants, but failed to do so;
No Turkish troop should be outside observation posts and Ankara provided no data about its forces outside the established posts.
In other words, Moscow said that Turkey just faced consequences of its own actions. Furthermore, Turkey and Russia indirectly acknowledged fire contact between their forces in Syria’s Idlib. Earlier, Turkish personnel publicly used MANPADs against Russian and Syrian warplanes in the Greater Idlib zone.
An interesting fact is that depiste all the Turkish efforts and the active MANPAD usage, the Turks shot down no Russian or Syrian warplane. However, they were able to shoot down two Syrian helicopters.
All these come amid Turkish loud requests from the US and NATO support in the Erdogan government’s Idlib gamble. No surprise, NATO demonstrated only a morale support to Turkish actions and promised no real actions in support of the Turkish operation in Idlib.
The Turkish military illegally deployed in Syria, supplied al-Qaeda terrorists with weapons and equipment, embedded own troops with al-Qaeda and attacked the Syrian Army. However, when it got a real military response, it immidiately started complayining to the ‘international community’ and blaiming ‘the bloody Assad regime’ of agression.

Despite the irony of the situation, Russia is also not interested in further escalation. Foreign Minister Lavrov also said that Russian President Vladimir Putin and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan had held a phone call on Friday, during which they hashed over the implementation of the agreements on Syria’s Idlib,.
“Today, a phone call between presidents Putin and Erdogan has been held at the initiative of the Turkish leader. The talks were detailed. They discussed the need to do everything possible to implement the original agreements on the de-escalation zone [in Idlib],” he said.

According to the Kremlin press service, the phone call was initiated by the Turkish side. The Kremlin added that the parties “agreed to intensify relevant inter-agency consultations and explore the possibility of holding a top-level meeting in the immediate future.”
“The fight against international terrorist groups was highlighted as a priority,” the statement said adding that the two leaders may meet in the near future.
Therefore, it seems that Moscow and Ankara will try to avoid a direct military confrontation in Idlib. Furthermore, the Turkish Parliament, which according to Turkish and mainstream media was planning to vote on a bill declaring a war on Syria, appeared to be not planning to do so. According to official Turkish reports, at least 54 Turkish soldiers were already killed in recent incidents in Idlib and this number will grow drammatically if the real open war starts in the region. However, the problem with these de-escalation efforts is that Turkish troops are already embedded with their allied al-Qaeda-linked groups in Idlib. These groups have been excluded from the ceasefire by the Sochi agreements and are a legal target of any anti-terrorist efforts. Therefore, if the Erdogan government does not separate its own forces from terrorists, it risks to suffer even more casualties in the region. Such casualties will escalate the situation and further leading to the escalation.


RT2020/2/28
Turkish VP says Damascus to pay ‘heavy price’ for ‘treacherous’ attack after at least 33 Turkish troops killed in Idlib airstrike
Turkey's vice president has vowed revenge on Syrian forces after 33 Turkish soldiers were killed in an airstrike in the rebel-held Idlib province. Ankara previously said it had launched air and artillery strikes in retaliation.

Turkish Vice President Fuat Oktay unleashed a scathing verbal attack on Syrian President Bashar Assad and the forces loyal to Damascus shortly after a 6-hour marathon emergency security meeting chaired by Recep Tayyip Erdoğan concluded in Ankara in the early hours of Friday.

Oktay minced no words, referring to the Syrian leader as “the head of a terror state” who “would go down in history as a war criminal” in a written statement reported by Turkey’s Anadolu News Agency, adding that Damascus would “pay [a] heavy price” for what he called a “treacherous attack on Turkish troops.”

Earlier on Thursday, Erdogan’s press secretary Fahrettin Altun said Turkey has been retaliating to the attack on its soldiers by launching air and artillery strikes against Syrian positions. The media chief went so far as to compare the situation in Idlib with a genocide, the likes of “what happened in Rwanda and Bosnia.”

Footage purportedly capturing recent air raids by the Turkish military on Syrian positions has circulated in Turkish media alongside reports that some 1,709 targets were destroyed within the last 17 days of Ankara’s onslaught in Idlib.

Ankara in recent weeks has sent thousands of its troops and military hardware to rebel-held areas in the province – the last stronghold of Islamist militants and extremists in the war-ravaged country – as Damascus reinvigorated its push to liberate cities and towns in southern Idlib in a bid to reclaim a strategic highway linking Aleppo to the major port and capital of the western Latakia province.

Despite suffering casualties, Turkey previously said it would not withdraw from the province until the Syrian government pulls the plug on its offensive. Damascus has refused to do, arguing that its armed forces are targeting terrorists there.

Moscow, meanwhile, has accused Ankara of propping the militants with artillery fire and drone strikes in violation of the terms of the de-escalation agreement struck within the Astana peace process.

RT2020/2/28
Turkish soldiers were with ‘terrorist groups’ when they were hit by Syrian military – Moscow
Turkish troops were acting inside “combat units” with jihadist militants in Idlib province when they were targeted by a Syrian government airstrike on Thursday, Russia’s Defense Ministry said.

The airstrike was carried out when the Syrian Army was repelling a large-scale offensive by terrorist group Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), an offshoot of Al-Qaeda in Syria, inside the Idlib ‘de-escalation zone,’ the Russian military said on Friday.

Turkish servicemen inside the combat units of terrorist groups came under fire from the Syrian military on February 27 near the town of Behun.

The Defense Ministry said that the Russian Reconciliation Center for Syria was in constant contact with Ankara, “regularly” requesting and receiving information on the whereabouts of Turkish troops. And, according to the data submitted by Turkey, there were no Turkish soldiers near Behun when the Syrian Army was fighting terrorists there.

Turkish officials have slammed Damascus for the airstrike. Vice President Fuat Oktay warned that the Syrian “regime elements will pay a heavy price for this treacherous attack.”

It is not the first time that Russia has accused Ankara of failing to properly notify it and the Syrian government about the movement of Turkish military inside the Idlib “de-escalation zone.” Earlier this month, six Turkish soldiers were killed when their convoy came under fire west of Saraqib after they moved there “without informing the Russian side,” Moscow said at the time.

Syria’s northwestern Idlib province is the last-remaining stronghold of anti-government militants, some of which are jihadist groups and some are Turkish-backed militants. A de-escalation zone was set up there by Turkey and Russia in 2018. Since then, Ankara has accused the Syrian Army of violating the ceasefire and attacking civilians. Moscow, meanwhile, has said that Turkey has failed on its promise to clear the area of jihadist fighters.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 14:02| Comment(0) | 国際・政治
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。