トルコとシリアの衝突がエスカレートする恐れ: ずくなしの冷や水

2020年02月20日

トルコとシリアの衝突がエスカレートする恐れ

RT2020/2/19
‘Worst case scenario’: Kremlin slams Turkey's threat of military operation against Syrian government in Idlib
Turkey sending troops to Syria to fight against the government would be the ‘worst case scenario’, Kremlin spokesman said after Ankara threatened that such an operation was imminent.

Turkey’s President Erdogan said on Wednesday Ankara was prepared to launch a military incursion into Idlib to force the Syrian army out. Russia’s reaction to such a development would depend on what goals the Turkish troops decide to pursue, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said.

“If it will be an operation against terrorist forces in Idlib, that would certainly be within the spirit” of Russia’s agreements with Turkey, he said.

But if it is about an operation against legitimate Syrian armed forces, that would certainly be the worst case scenario.

Russia and Turkey agreed on the process of de-escalation in Idlib, the last stronghold of anti-government forces in Syria. Under the so-called Sochi agreement Turkey is supposed to use its clout among the armed groups to scale down and eventually halt attacks from within the province. The arrangement was taken as an alternative to a major military offensive by Damascus, which, Ankara said, would cause a major exodus of refugees from Syria to Turkey.

In reality this didn’t happen, Peskov said.

“We were satisfied with the agreements that were reached in Sochi over a year ago and the satisfaction was mutual. We were absolutely not satisfied after militants and terrorist groups started launching attacks from Idlib territory against the Syrian armed forces and Russian military sites,” he said. “That is when our satisfaction ended.”

The talks between Russia and Turkey on how to proceed in Idlib, which were held earlier this week, failed to produce a breakthrough. Commenting on the volatile situation, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov dispersed rumors that Moscow had a new set of demands for Ankara and said the two parties simply “need to implement everything that our leaders have agreed upon.”

He added the Syrian government forces were acting in Idlib “in response to gross violations of the agreements” by anti-government groups.

Damascus has been responding to cross-border attacks with its own operations, taking control over parts of Idlib. The advances however put them in proximity with Turkish forces stationed in Syria as observers. In at least two incidents clashes between them resulted in deaths of Turkish soldiers, infuriating Ankara.

The Russian military said one of the incidents may have been caused by the failure of the Turkish side to warn about the movement of their convoy.

Turkish President Recep Erdogan said on Wednesday he was prepared to launch a military offensive in Idlib at any moment. Speaking before Turkish lawmakers, he said Turkey will not allow the Syrian government to take control of the province.

RT2020/2/19
Turkish military op in Idlib only 'matter of time’, Erdogan warns Damascus
A new Turkish military incursion into Syria’s Idlib governorate has been planned and may start at any moment, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has warned, ramping up a tense standoff with Damascus.

“As with all [previous] operations, we say ‘we could suddenly come one night.’ In other words, an Idlib operation is a matter of time,” Erdogan said, referring to incursions into Syria conducted in 2016, 2018 and last year.

Ankara will not “leave Idlib to the Assad regime and its backers,” Erdogan vowed, referring to the Syrian government and, apparently, to Russia and Iran. Speaking to lawmakers on Wednesday, he said his words were “a final warning.”

The Turkish president also said negotiations with Russia over Idlib have so far failed to meet Ankara's demands, and that the two sides are "miles away" from resolving the ongoing crisis. He said he is determined to make safeguard Idlib "no matter the cost," as Turkey would otherwise face a new wave of refugees.

"We are determined at all costs to turn Idlib into a safe haven for the sake of Turkey and the people of the region," he said.

The northwestern Syrian province bordering Turkey is the last major stronghold of anti-government forces in the protracted civil war. Ankara backs some of the armed groups in the area, but there is also a strong presence of jihadists, who have no interest in a peaceful resolution of the conflict. Under an agreement with Russia, Turkey is supposed to use its leverage in Idlib to curb violence and prevent attacks on other parts of Syria.

The arrangement never fully worked, with Damascus regularly complaining about cross-border militant attacks. Its response was to gradually take control over some parts of the province, forcing jihadists to retreat. Since last month the advancements put Syrian troops in direct opposition to Turkish forces, which have been deployed in Idlib to monitor the situation. At least two clashes between them have resulted in casualties among the Turks, angering Ankara.

Moscow is mediating in the situation to prevent it from boiling over into a major confrontation. Erdogan has demanded that Damascus pull back its forces from Idlib and threatened to use the Turkish army to force a retreat if necessary.

sputnik2020/2/12
Ankara is Determined to Push Syrian Army Beyond Turkish Observation Posts in Idlib - Ergodan
Ankara previously hit Syrian government forces in Idlib, claiming it has eliminated 51 units belonging to Damascus after the Syrian Army hit an observation post in Idlib, killing eight Turkish nationals.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has claimed that his country will do whatever is necessary, including ground and air means in order to push the Syrian Arab Army beyond Turkish observation posts in Idlib by the end of the month.
He also stated that at least 14 Turkish troops had been killed by Syria, adding that the Turkish-backed rebels in Idlib are now mobilised against Damascus. In addition, Erdogan accused Syria and Russia of attacks against civilians in Idlib, threatening to attack Syrian forces outside of Idlib Province in the event of an offensive.
Addressing the situation in Syria, the Kremlin stated that Russian President Vladimir Putin held phone talks with his Turkish counterpart, agreeing to implement a deal they had reached in Sochi and to stop the escalation in the region.
The Syrian Army started an offensive in January, after reporting multiple ceasefire breaches by various militant factions in Idlib, which is still partially under the control of jihadists, including the Jabhat al-Nusra* terrorist organisation.



RT2020/2/10
Five Turkish troops were killed in the shelling of an observation post in Syria’s Idlib province, Ankara has said, blaming Damascus for the attack. Turkish forces then fired on Syrian Army positions.
@ 2020/2/10、シリア軍がトルコの監視ポストを攻撃してトルコ兵5人死亡。トルコ側は反撃したと。

It’s not the first shelling incident between Turkish and Syrian forces in Idlib. A week ago, six Turkish troops were killed by Syrian artillery fire in an incident that Russia said was a result of miscommunication.
A 1週間前、連絡不足でトルコ兵6人が死亡。

The casualties could have been avoided if Ankara properly notified Damascus that it was moving troops in a border area where Damascus was holding an anti-terrorist operation at the time, Moscow said.

Turkey retaliated for the Monday attack, claiming that dozens of Syrian troops were killed, and called on Moscow to put pressure on Damascus to halt its offensive in Idlib.
B トルコは、@の攻撃に報復。数十人のシリア兵を殺害したと主張。ロシアにダマスカスに攻撃を停止するよう圧力をかけるよう求める。

Ankara is expected to use its influence on anti-government militants to prevent fighting with Damascus troops in order to create the basis for a peaceful resolution.
アンカラは反政府戦闘員に影響力を発揮し、平和的解決のためにダマスカスとの戦いを防止することが期待されている。

However, jihadist groups in Idlib continue hostile activities, with Russia saying there were several thousand attacks in the last two months alone, in which hundreds of Syrian troops and civilians died.
しかし、ジハーディストグループは、敵対行動を続けており、ロシアに言わせれば過去2か月だけで数千回の攻撃があり、それにより数百人のシリア軍兵士と市民が死亡している。

SPUTNIK2020/2/11
Erdogan Claims Damascus to Pay 'Heavy Price' for Attacks as Syrian Helicopter Downed in Idlib
The day before, the Turkish Defence Ministry announced that the country's forces had struck 115 Syrian government targets, destroying 101 of them.
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday commented on the recent escalation in northern Syria, vowing that the Syrian government "would pay a heavy price" for its actions.
"Yesterday, the Syrian government received a mighty response. We'll continue doing that. They will pay a heavy price. I will tell about Turkey's further steps during a parliamentary group session tomorrow", Erdogan said.
Earlier in the day, the Turkish Defence Ministry confirmed that militants in Syria had downed a government helicopter in al-Nayrab, Idlib province, while Syrian forces have fallen back from the town.
"The Syrian army has withdrawn from the settlement of al-Nayrab in the Idlib province. It has become known that one helicopter belonging to it has been downed," the Turkish Defence Ministry said in a statement.
The attack was reportedly carried out by militants associated with the al-Nusra terrorist group*.
At the same time, Sky News Arabia reported that two pilots have died in the incident.
The incident comes a day after the Turkish Defence Ministry announced that the country's forces had struck 115 Syrian government targets, destroying 101 of them. The move was a response to an alleged attack on Turkish military posts in Idlib by Syrian government forces.
Tensions in Northern Syria started to escalate last week after eight Turkish nationals were killed in a shelling conducted by Syrian government forces on Turkey's observation post in Idlib.

Following the shelling, Turkish forces conducted a retaliatory attack, killing, according to President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 76 Syrian servicemen.

Days after the incident, media reported that Turkey was drawing up forces in the region as a convoy of 150 trucks carrying Turkish special forces troops, military equipment and ammunition was seen at the Turkey-Syria border in the province of Hatay.

*al-Nusra [al-Nusra Front, the Nusra Front, Jabhat al-Nusra, Jabhat Fatah al-Sham] - a terrorist group banned in Russia and a number of other countries

※ mko@trappedsoldier氏の2020/2/11のツイート
2月10日、ナスラフロントがサラキブを取り戻そうと総攻撃。それに加担したエルドアンの軍に、シリア軍が遠慮なく砲撃。5人のトルコ兵が死亡。エルドアンが「全面戦争」で恫喝したが、シリアの自国領土全土を解放する決意は揺るがない。

※ Rob Lee@RALee85氏の2020/2/11のツイート
Major General Yuri Borenkov confirmed that Turkish forces did not show up for their scheduled joint patrol with Russian forces today in Al-Hasakah. He said this is the 3rd planned joint patrol that Turkey has missed, the others were on Feb 3rd and 6th.191/

SPUTNIK
Turkish Army Destroys 101 Targets in Syria in Response to Attack on Its Servicemen in Idlib - MoD

SPUTNIK2020/2/10
Turkish MoD Claims Its Observation Post in Idlib Attacked by Syrian Gov't Forces
On 7 February, the Anadolu news agency reported that Turkey was moving its special forces to observation posts in the Idlib de-escalation zone. A day later, media reported that Turkish forces had built a base in the region supported by an army convoy that had arrived at the installation.

The Turkish Defence Ministry issued a statement on Monday, saying that Syrian government forces had allegedly attacked its military post in the Taftanaz area of Syria's Idlib Province, killing five soldiers, while injuring another five.

The Turkish military, in its turn, has immediately responded to the attack, the ministry added.

At the same time, Fahrettin Altun, a representative of the Turkish presidential administration has confirmed that Turkey retaliated for the attack.

"Turkey retaliated against the attack to destroy all enemy targets and avenging our fallen troops. The war criminal, who ordered today’s heinous attack, targeted the entire international community, not just Turkey. The Turkish Armed Forces, who tirelessly serve the cause of peace and stability around the world, will continue to crush anyone who dares to target our flag, to reassure our friends, and to strike fear into the hearts of our enemies," Altun wrote on Twitter.

The incident was first reported by the Reuters news agency that cited unnamed Turkish officials. The Syrian government, however, hasn't commented on the claims yet.

A Turkish military convoy of tanks and armoured vehicles passes through the town of Binnish reportedly heading toward the city of Idlib in Syria’s northwestern province of the same name, on February 7, 2020

​A week ago, eight Turkish nationals were killed after Syrian government forces shelled a Turkish observation post in Idlib.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that 76 Syrian servicemen had fallen victim to Turkey's retaliation. The Turkish head of state also said he had asked Russian President Vladimir Putin to explain to Damascus that the Syrian Army should stop its offensive in Idlib and withdraw from Turkey's observation posts.

Days after the incident, media reported that Turkey was drawing up forces in the region as a convoy of 150 trucks carrying Turkish special forces troops, military equipment and ammunition was seen at the Turkey-Syria border in the province of Hatay.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 01:33| Comment(3) | 国際・政治
この記事へのコメント
これ以上の死者を出さない為にも、トルコ=エルドアン軍は、バックに欧米連合がついているアルカイダ・ナスラフロントに加担しないで自国に引き下がるべきだと思います。

さんざんシリア国内で「不埒な悪行三昧」してきたのだから!

Deal of the Centuryにトルコ国民は反対しているそうですが、その前に先ず、シリアへの不法行為を改めるべきでしょう!!!
Posted by デスラー at 2020年02月12日 02:18
トルコ軍とシリア軍の戦いをやめさせる力を持つているのは、忍者プーチン大統領だけです。軍事知識ゼロのゴーストバスター戦士トランプ大統領は、何も出来ません。ロシアは、最新の戦車T-90Aもシリアへ持つて来ています。ロシアのプーチン大統領は、もつとロシア軍を増強し力でトルコ軍を抑えるかもしれません。彼の戦略と力のみせどころですね。ほらふき軍神安倍総理 武漢コロナウイルスとの戦い負けていますね、万歳。
Posted by 西 亨 at 2020年02月12日 07:52
トルコ(エルドアン)は、イドリブに続々と兵士・武器・戦車・軍備車両・軍備品を運んでいますね!

イドリブはシリアのものであって、トルコの領地ではない!!
ソチ合意を無視するどころか、他国を不法に侵略する国際法違反行為で大変下劣だ!!!

同時に行われているイスラエルによる連日のダマスカスへの空爆も、国際法違反行為で許されるべきではない!

ルパン三世に登場する銭形警部なら、エルドアンもネタニヤフも「逮捕だぁぁぁ!」。
Posted by デスラー at 2020年02月16日 03:16
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。