イタリアでもクルーズ船が足止めになっていた: ずくなしの冷や水

2020年02月28日

イタリアでもクルーズ船が足止めになっていた

イタリアでの流行の原因がよくわかりません。地中海クルーズ船に中国人が乗っていて検査に手間取ったことはあるようですが。コンサートが原因との説もあり、ロックダウンの町ではアマチュアサッカー選手が最初の感染者?

theguardian Thu 30 Jan 2020 18.32 GMT
6,000 passengers stuck on cruise ship in Italy over coronavirus fears

Huge liner remains on lockdown though preliminary tests on two passengers suggest they are not carrying virus
More than 6,000 people were still on board a cruise ship in the Italian port city of Civitavecchia late on Thursday after the liner was placed on lockdown over fears two Chinese passengers could be carrying the coronavirus.

Preliminary tests on the pair suggested they were not carrying the virus, the ministry of health said, although definitive results could take up to 48 hours.

In the meantime, Ernesto Tedesco, the mayor of Civitavecchia, a city north of Rome, has asked that passengers on the Costa Smeralda, among them 66 Britons, be disembarked only when the results are definitive.

Earlier in the day there were chaotic scenes as Tedesco confronted the harbour master, Vincenzo Leone, after Leone told journalists he had been given the go-ahead to disembark 1,140 passengers who were at the end of their trip.

Tedesco pulled up in a Fiat 500, driven by his spokesperson, and yelled out of the window: “Are you mad? Who gave you the order to disembark? I’ll take you all to court. If you let just one person off, you do so at your own risk.”

Tedesco’s spokesperson said on Thursday night: “We don’t have the authority to stop the disembarkation but we ask that they wait for the response from the hospital. It’s a matter of precaution for everyone.”

The cruise ship passengers were reportedly given back their room keys, so it is unlikely they will disembark overnight.

Doctors at Rome’s Lazzaro Spallanzani national institute for infectious diseases were examining samples taken from a woman from Macau who fell ill with a fever as well as her husband. Samples were sent for testing after three doctors and a nurse boarded the Costa Smeralda to tend the woman.

The 54-year-old woman was put into isolation overnight in a hospital ward on the ship. Her husband, who did not have any symptoms, was also quarantined.

“As soon as the suspected case emerged, medical staff onboard immediately activated the necessary health procedures for cases of this kind,” Costa Crociere, the Italian company that operates the ship, said in a statement. “Our priority is to guarantee the health and safety of our guests and team.”

The couple flew into Milan from Hong Kong on Saturday before getting on the cruise, according to Italian media reports.

The vessel had come from Palma, Mallorca, and stopped at Civitavecchia, a city close to Rome, as part of a week-long cruise of the Mediterranean.

An unnamed passenger was quoted as telling the Ansa news agency: “The couple’s cabin has been isolated and they are in with the doctors. We’re a bit worried of course. No one is getting on or off the ship apart from the doctors. This holiday risks ending in a nightmare.”

A Chinese man was also taken to the Spallanzani on Wednesday night after coming down with a fever in a hotel in central Rome.

The Italian government is preparing to fly around 60 Italians home from Wuhan, the Chinese city where the virus broke out. The group will then be quarantined in a military facility for two weeks.

Mon 24 Feb 2020 17.52 GMT
Last modified on Tue 25 Feb 2020 12.07 GMT
Italians struggle with 'surreal' lockdown as coronavirus cases rise
Residents of Lombardy describe deserted streets and panic after seven virus deaths

People living in Italian towns under lockdown described a “surreal” and “fearful” atmosphere as a seventh person died of coronavirus on Monday and the number of confirmed cases rose to 229.

Eleven towns across Lombardy, where the outbreak emerged suddenly on Friday, and Veneto have been quarantined for at least the next 15 days as Italian authorities scramble to contain the worst outbreak of the virus in Europe and the third worst in the world.

The seven dead, the overwhelming majority were elderly people who had also been suffering from other health issues. The latest victim was an 80-year-old man in Milan.

About 50,000 residents in the towns under lockdown have been told to stay at home and avoid social contact, while schools, shops and businesses – apart from chemists and some supermarkets – have been closed.

Residents are allowed to manoeuvre within the “red zone”, for example going from one quarantined town to another to reach a supermarket that is permitted to stay open, but they are not allowed to leave the quarantined territory. People are also banned from entering the area, with transgressors facing fines, unless they are health workers or those delivering essential supplies.

The centre of the outbreak is Codogno, the Lombardy town of almost 16,000 people where the first locally transmitted case in Italy, that of a 38-year old man, was detected.

“It’s a surreal situation,” Enrico Bianchi, who owns a veterinary pharmacist, told the Guardian. “People are locked in their houses for fear of going out. It is really strange to go around the town, the few people around are wearing masks.”

Rosanna Ferrari, a farm owner, said: “We’re experiencing a bit of a panic. Supermarkets have been stormed since last Friday. There are queues outside of the chemist. They said they’ll come, house to house, to collect saliva samples today. My daughter was in contact with some friends of the first person to be infected in Codogno. Those friends resulted negative. But still, we are worried.”

The first victim of coronavirus was Adriano Trevisan, a 77-year-old from the Veneto town of Vo’ Euganeo, who died in hospital while being treated for pneumonia.

One resident of the town of about 3,000 people, who asked not to be named, said: “We’re waiting to be tested, all we can do is stay at home and wait and wait. This is a flu, but if it’s left it can create problems, especially for older people.”

The 38-year-year old who was first identified as being infected is in intensive care at a hospital in Codogno. He lives in nearby Castiglione d’Adda and plays in an amateur football team in Somaglia. Both towns are under lockdown and his teammates all underwent tests.

“We are three days into the quarantine and there is a rigid system in place,” said Angelo Caperdoni, the mayor of Somaglia, a town of about 3,800 residents. “It was difficult to contain the panic at first, especially as a lot of false news was circulating on social media that people believed to be true. There is still panic regarding food provisions. Many people went to Codogno yesterday to try and stock up.”

Franco Stefanoni, the mayor of Fombio, also under lockdown, said the town’s two mini-markets had been “besieged”.

“The important thing is to maintain calm,” he said. “People have been racing to the supermarket to buy 20kg of pasta or 30kg of bread. But if the shop is restocked and open for the next few days, there is no need to exaggerate.”

The virus has affected seven of Italy’s wealthiest regions: Lombardy, Veneto, Emilia-Romagna, Piedmont, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Liguria and Trentino. Milan’s stock exchange plunged 4.5% on Monday as the country’s economic engine almost ground to a halt after cases of the illness were confirmed in the city, home to about 3.1 million people.

Schools and universities have been closed across the regions and people have been advised to work from home. Museums have also been closed, and festivities, concerts and sporting events cancelled, along with Church masses.

More than 3,000 tests for coronavirus have been carried out over the last few days, although authorities are still trying to identity “patient zero” – the person who brought the virus to the region. The first man infected, a researcher at Unilever, came down with symptoms after attending a dinner at which there was a colleague who had recently returned from China, who tested negative for the virus.

“The peak in Italy is partly due to all the tests being done,” said Roberta Siliquini, a former president of Italy’s higher health council. “We have found positive cases in people who probably had few or no symptoms and who may have overcome the virus without even knowing it.”

The Italian government has been criticised for hastily cancelling flights to and from China as, without coherence across Europe, people have been able to fly to other European cities and enter Italy from there.
As 2020 begins…

posted by ZUKUNASHI at 11:49| Comment(0) | Covid19
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。