UAEはイエメンの兵隊を引き揚げ イランと米国の緊張激化で: ずくなしの冷や水

2019年07月10日

UAEはイエメンの兵隊を引き揚げ イランと米国の緊張激化で

FARSNEWS2019/7/9
UAE Withdraws Troops from Yemen
TEHRAN (FNA)- The United Arab Emirates announced it is reducing the number of its troops fighting as part of a Saudi-led military coalition which presses ahead with a years-long atrocious military aggression against the impoverished Yemen.

A senior Emirati official during a press briefing in Dubai on Monday claimed that the withdrawal took place because Abu Dhabi was shifting from a military strategy to a peace plan in Yemen, Yemeni News reported.

"We do have troop levels that are down for reasons that are strategic in (the Red Sea city of) Hudaydah and reasons that are tactical" in other parts of the country, he said.

"It is very much to do with moving from what I would call a military-first strategy to a peace-first strategy, and this is I think what we are doing," the official added.

Meanwhile, an official from Yemen's former Saudi-backed government told AFP that UAE troops had "totally vacated" the military base in Khokha, located South of Hudaydah.

He went on to say that the UAE had withdrawn part of its heavy artillery from Khokha but was still overseeing the military situation in Yemen's West coast.

The Yemeni official also claimed that Emirati troops vacated a military post in Sarwah, West of Marib province, and pulled back the Patriot missile system that was previously deployed in the area.

Western diplomatic sources announced in late June that the UAE was scaling back its military presence in Yemen as worsening US-Iran tensions “threatened security closer to home”, according to Reuters.

Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched a devastating campaign against Yemen in March 2015, with the aim of bringing the government of former Yemeni President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi back to power and crushing the Ansarullah movement.

The war has been unsuccessful to this day, and reports have revealed cracks in the coalition in the form of differences between Hadi and the UAE, which has reportedly gained oversized influence in southern Yemen.

Tensions between Riyadh and Abu Dhabi − yet to play out in full display − could have major consequences for the Saudi-led coalition, which has for more than four years been fighting a war it hoped to finish in a matter of weeks.

In May, the UAE reportedly deployed dozens of Southern separatists on the Yemeni island of Socotra in the Arabian Sea as divisions grew in the Saudi-led coalition over Abu Dhabi’s military build-up on the strategic island.

Citing sources close to Hadi, the Middle East Eye news website earlier reported that Hadi was angry at Emirati forces for acting “like an occupation power” in Yemen.

Despite Riyadh's claims that it is bombing the positions of the Ansarullah fighters, Saudi bombers are flattening residential areas and civilian infrastructures. Weddings, funerals, schools and hospitals, as well as water and electricity plants, have been targeted, killing and wounding hundreds of thousands.

According to a December 2018 report by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED), a nonprofit conflict-research organization, the Saudi-led war has claimed the lives of over 60,000 Yemenis since January 2016.

Save the Children, a charity, has reported that more than 84,700 children under the age of five may have starved to death in Yemen since the Saudi regime and a coalition of its allies launched the brutal war on the already-impoverished nation.

France, the United States, the Uinted Kingdom and some other Western countries have faced criticisms over arms sales to the Saudi Arabia and the UAE, whose aggression against Yemen has affected 28 million people and caused what the United Nations calls “one of the worst humanitarian crises in the world". According to the world body, Yemen is suffering from the most severe famine in more than 100 years.

A UN panel has compiled a detailed report of civilian casualties caused by the Saudi military and its allies during their war against Yemen, saying the Riyadh-led coalition has used precision-guided munitions in its raids on civilian targets.

FARSNEWS2019/6/29
Dissident Syrian Analyst: Iran's Downing of US Drone Displays Washington's Power Decline
TEHRAN (FNA)- A prominent Syrian dissident analyst underlined that Iran's downing of a US spy drone near the Strait of Hormuz showed that Washington's power has decreased and will sustain a heavy damage in any possible war against Tehran.

"What happened over the Strait of Hormuz's sky was not theatrical but it displayed the decline of the US power," Ayad al-Ja'afari wrote in the Arabic-language Geiroon news website close to the Syrian dissidents on Saturday.

He referred to US President Donald Trump's threat to launch war and genocide against Iran, and said such a war will not be limited to Iran but will affect the entire US troops deployed across the region and will inflict damages on Washington way greater than the Vietnam war.

Al-Ja'afari advised the Americans to avoid such a war more than Iran, and said they are not ready for heavy damage and tolls as their fleets of warships and bases in the Persian Gulf and Iraq are within the range of Iranian missiles.

The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) shot down a US Navy RQ-4A global Hawk drone that had entered Iranian airspace in the Persian Gulf region to gather intelligence on June 20, using Sevom Khordad indigenous surface-to-air missile system.

FARSNEWS2019/6/29
TEHRAN (FNA)- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has withdrawn large numbers of troops from the embattled country of Yemen allegedly in fear of escalating tensions between the United States and Iran, according to a report.

The withdrawal took place because Abu Dhabi wanted to have forces and equipment "on hand" following recent tensions in the Persian Gulf region, Reuters cited four unnamed Western diplomats as saying on Friday.

The tensions come after the United States ratcheted up its rhetoric against Iran, announcing the deployment of additional troop deployments to the Persian Gulf region in order to counter an unspecified "threat" from Iran in early May.

A week later, four oil tankers were sabotaged in the UAE sea-port of Fujairah. Earlier this month, two other oil tankers were damaged by explosions in the Gulf of Oman.

On Wednesday, the UAE announced there is no "clear, scientific and convincing" evidence to assign blame for the attacks, splitting with the United States and Saudi Arabia which held Iran responsible without any foundation.

The UAE's split came after Iran shot down a multi-million dollar US spy drone for violating its airspace, which surprised American military officials as well as the country's allies in the region.

Speaking of the recent tensions and the UAE withdrawal, one Western diplomat said the Arab country had effectively withdrawn "a lot" of its forces in the past three weeks.

However, confirming only "some troop movements" from Yemen, an unnamed senior Emirati official claimed that Abu Dhabi was not seeking to withdraw from the country and was committed to the Saudi-led military "coalition".

The official declined to provide further information on the number and location of the troop movements.

The troop withdrawal comes as the Saudi-led coalition has recently come under much pressure from Yemen's Houthi movement and armed forces.

In the past two months, the Yemeni forces have launched an array of missile and drone attacks on vital Saudi facilities, including oil installations, airports and air defense batteries in response to incessant Saudi-led strikes on the country.

Marking an improvement in Yemen's air defense capabilities, Yemeni forces have also managed to shoot down an increasing number of Saudi drones flying over the impoverished country.

Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched a devastating campaign against Yemen in March 2015, with the goal of bringing the government of former Yemeni president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi back to power and crushing Houthis.

The US-based Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED), a nonprofit conflict-research organization, estimates that the Saudi-led war has claimed the lives of over 60,000 Yemenis since January 2016.

The war has also taken a heavy toll on the country’s infrastructure, destroying hospitals, schools, and factories. The UN says over 24 million Yemenis are in dire need of humanitarian aid, including 10 million suffering from extreme levels of hunger.







posted by ZUKUNASHI at 00:17| Comment(0) | 国際・政治
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。