海外ニュース 2018/7/5: ずくなしの冷や水

2018年07月05日

海外ニュース 2018/7/5

※ FARSNEWS2018/7/5
Report: US President Asked Aides About Invading Venezuela Last Year
TEHRAN (FNA)- During an Oval Office meeting in August of 2017, US President Donald Trump reportedly asked his senior advisers about invading Venezuela to intervene in ongoing issues in the country, according to a senior administration official.

The official told The Associated Press that the discussion did not amount to any formal plan to invade the country, but was merely a discussion on the option.

According to the official, the question stunned those in attendance, including former national security adviser H.R. McMaster and former US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

Trump's top aides reportedly took turns explaining to him how invading the country could significantly damage US relations with Latin American countries, among other possible issues. To invade the country would be a drastic escalation from the United State's current diplomatic response to the Venezuelan government.

The official, who spoke to the Associated Press on the condition of anonymity, said Trump countered his advisers' arguments with examples of invasions he considers successful, such as the invasions of Panama and Grenada in the 1980s.

The exchange reportedly lasted about five minutes.

In a subsequent report by CNN, a senior official who attended the meeting stated that Trump was just thinking out loud.

"The President says and thinks a lot of different things," the official said, adding that "he just thinks out loud".

A day after the meeting, Trump told reporters he wasn't ruling out a military option in the country.

“Venezuela is not very far away, and the people are suffering and they’re dying,” he said, adding that “we have many options for Venezuela, including a possibile military option if necessary”.

Venezuela has been at the center of the Trump administration's policy in Latin America. The US President has issued a number of sanctions as well as strong statements in order to add pressure on Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.

After the Associated Press published their report on the meeting on Wednesday, Maduro cited the article as an example of the United States' military plans aimed at obtaining Venezuela's oil reserves.

According to the Associated Press, Maduro told his troops to be alert and criticized the “supremacist and criminal vision of those who govern the US”.

※ FARSNEWS2018/7/5
US-French Military Convoy Enters Raqqa Airbase to Confront Popular Uprising
TEHRAN (FNA)- A joint military convoy of the US and French forces was sent to al-Tabaqah airbase in al-Tabaqah in Western Raqqa as tensions are rising between civilians and the US-backed forces in Raqqa.

Local sources in Western Raqqa reported on Thursday that a military convoy of the US and French forces have been dispatched from the town of al-Tabaqah to its airbase.

They added that the convoy consists of 7 trucks, carrying military equipment, noting that the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) have declared curfew in al-Tabaqah.

Also, reports from Eastern Raqqa said that residents of the town of al-Karameh have engaged in heavy clashes with the SDF.

The clashes erupted after the SDF detained people in the region to find defected members.

In a relevant development late in June, a large number of civilians held protest rallies against the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces in Raqqa after the SDF increased their security measures and detention of civilians.

Local sources in Raqqa reported that tens of civilians in the village of al-Salhabiyeh in Western Raqqa have revolted against the SDF.

They added that residents of the village are angry with the SDF moves, including extensive detentions, curfew and establishment of several checkpoints in Raqqa, noting that people are holding protest rallies to show their opposition to the SDF and its deployment in their town.

Tensions have heightened in Raqqa in the past month after infighting started between the SDF and other US-backed militants, namely Liwa al-Thowar Raqqa brigade.

※ FARSNEWS2018/7/5
Victims of US Airstrikes Found in Mass Grave in Raqqa
TEHRAN (FNA)- A mass grave containing the bodies of hundreds of civilians who had been killed in the US-led coalition airstrikes was found in Raqqa province.

Local sources in Raqqa were quoted by the Arabic-language al-Manar news channel as saying on Thursday that a mass-grave was discovered near al-Forat sport club which contained a large number of bodies of the civilians killed in the US airstrikes when Raqqa was under ISIL control.

They added that 40 corpses have so far been taken out of the mass grave, saying that over 300 civilians have been buried in the grave.

In a relevant development in June, a mass grave of the victims of the ISIL terrorist group was found in the Center of Raqqa city.

The Arabic-language al-Manar news channel reported on Wednesday that the mass grave was discovered in the White Garden in Central Raqqa.

The big mass grave included a large number of civilians who have been killed by the ISIL terrorists.

The operations to evacuate 553 corpses from a mass grave in al-Rashid stadium ended recently in Central Raqqa after two months.


テロリストがロシア軍の基地のあるラタキアに攻勢をかける
FARSNEWS2018/7/5
Tahrir Al-Sham Terrorists Preparing to Launch Massive Attacks on Syrian Army in Lattakia
TEHRAN (FNA)- Tahrir al-Sham Hay'at (the Levant Liberation Board or the Al-Nusra Front) is preparing its members to launch a massive offensive against the Syrian army positions in Northern Lattakia to support their comrades in Dara'a province.

Military sources reported on Thursday that the Syrian army has put on alert a large number of its forces in Northern Lattakia and strengthened its positions in the region.

They added that the moves made by Jeish al-Nokhbah terrorists, the special forces of Tahrir al-Sham, in Jabal al-Akrad and Jabal al-Turkmen in Lattakia are monitored by the army, noting that the militants seek to start a heavy attack on army positions in Northern Lattakia.

According to the sources, the terrorists intend to launch the offensive to help remove the concentration of the Syrian army operation against their comrades in Dara'a in Southern Syria.



posted by ZUKUNASHI at 22:58| Comment(0) | 国際・政治
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。