マイケル・マルーフ 9-11 事件に関する裁判所の主張を切り捨て: ずくなしの冷や水

2018年05月30日

マイケル・マルーフ 9-11 事件に関する裁判所の主張を切り捨て

Former Pentagon Analyst Dismisses 9-11 Court's Allegations against Iran
TEHRAN (FNA)- Former senior security analyst in the Office of the US Secretary of Defense Michael Maloof who has stressed willingness to testify at a court against allegations of Iran's involvement in the September 11, 2001, incident, underlined that the terrorist attack was conducted by Riyadh and not Tehran.

"The 9-11 commission report did mention Iran but it explicitly stated that there was no evidence that Iran was involved in the planning of 9-11 and certainly in the commission of that attack," Maloof told FNA on Tuesday.

"Now the reason why the court came in with the default judgment (is that) Iran did not go to the court to defend itself," he added.

Maloof said that "the 9-11 commission report explicitly talked about the Saudis and my personal view is that the 9-11 didn’t occur if the Saudis were not involved, and I think it was a black program initiated by (Saudi) prince Bandar (bin Sultan) out of the Saudi embassy in Washington because there was evidence of some of the hijackers' family being paid by prince Bandar out of his personal account," Maloof said.

"I think the lesson here for Iran is to defend itself at the US court. Whenever the Saudis have a case against them in the US court, they go in very aggressively and use the top lawyers in the country and so far they have been successful and I think Iran needs to take the appeal seriously and go ahead and appeal and demand discovery of all documentation and hold the government and anybody else accountable for proving that they were involved (if they have any evidence). Thankfully, the evidence is not there," he underlined.

Asked by FNA about the incentives behind the allegations against Iran, Maloof said, "I think it is political primarily."

He explained that early after the 9-11 incident it was alleged that the attack was conducted with Iran's knowledge but it was not proven as it was based on remarks of an Iranian dissident who claimed that al-Qaeda had informed the Iranian government before the attack, adding that the officials concluded that the person was not reliable and therefore nothing was proven and that's why the 9-11 commission report concluded that there was no evidence that Iran was involved even in the planning let alone the execution of the 9-11 attack.

A large number of western political activists, lawyers and university professors in a letter dismissed allegations of Iran's involvement in the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks against the US, stressing preparedness to testify in support of the Islamic Republic at the court.

The letter to the Iranian justice and foreign ministries was written after the Southern District Court's ruling "found the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, and The Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran" liable for the deaths of more than 1,000 people as a result of the September 11 attacks. Judge George B Daniels of the Southern District Court of New York said that Iran is ordered to pay "$12,500,000 per spouse, $8,500,000 per parent, $8,500,000 per child, and $4,250,000 per sibling" to the families and estates of the deceased. Iran has dismissed the allegations.

"We are writing to urge the Islamic Republic of Iran to immediately appeal the Southern District Court of New York’s ruling ordering Iran to pay more than six billion dollars of reparations for the 2001 terrorist attacks. Please note that the appeal must be filed by Wednesday, May 28, so this is an extremely urgent matter," the letter said.

"We are willing and ready to provide court testimony in support of Iran’s innocence. The extremely weak case against Iran is predicated on the 9/11 Commission’s version of events, according to which 19 alleged hijackers (15 of whom were Saudis, and none of whom were Iranians) precipitated a series of miracles including gross violations of the laws of physics. We can prove absolutely, beyond any reasonable doubt, that this version of events is false, thereby nullifying the case against Iran," it added.

"We believe that by strongly contesting this matter in a US court, Iran can win a major media victory over its enemies, and will likely win the legal case as well," the letter said.

In relevant remarks on Saturday, Nader Talebzadeh, a prominent political expert and activist, referred to the letter, and stressed the need for Iran to end its tradition of not appealing the US courts' rulings and challenge the mainstream media's story about the 9-11 incident with the help of the western political activists at the court.

He told FNA that "the September 11 fact-finding groups are ready to speak to the benefit of Iran in any court and testify that Iran has not been involved in the attack. They are ready to show presence in an official court and elaborate on the 9-11 incident. But the Iranian government is first required to appeal the ruling", adding that Iran can challenge the US government's story of the September 11 incident at the court.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 01:12| Comment(0) | 福島原発事故
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。