8 ISIL Members Face Death Penalty in Iran: ずくなしの冷や水

2018年05月14日

8 ISIL Members Face Death Penalty in Iran

FARSNEWS2018/5/13
8 ISIL Members Face Death Penalty in Iran
TEHRAN (FNA)- Death sentences were issued this morning for 8 members of the ISIL terrorist group involved in the June 2017 attack on the Iranian parliament.

"The court has found that these people deserve death penalty for assisting corruption on earth (a Qoranic term used in Islamic Sharia Law for those convicted to death)," Head of Tehran's Revolutionary Court Moussa Qazanfarabadi said on Sunday.

He added that the sentence will be declared to the suspects or their legal lawyers and they have 20 days to plead.

Qazanfarabadi said that the cases of 18 other suspects of terrorist actions are also due to be studied by the court.

The court hearing of 8 members of the ISIL terrorist group involved in the June 2017 attack ended in Tehran last Tuesday.

The judge declared end of the court hearing after 7 sessions to hear the crimes and statements of defense by the suspects and the lawyers.

During the trial, the defendants faced a number of accusations, including maintenance and smuggling mortars, mortar-launchers, grenades and mines as well as trafficking the terrorists in Iran.

"Over 500 rounds of mortars, mines and grenades were discovered in your house," the judge told one of the suspects.

He also said that the suspects had met the al-Qaeda Emir in Mosul and sworn allegiance to him.

Meantime, the judge revealed the terrorists' contacts and coordination via Telegram.

"Telegram was a safe place for the grouplet's terrorist acts in a way that they sent their footages from inside the parliament (on the day of the attack) to their main stronghold via Telegram. Also, based on intelligence, the accussees made coordination and specified dates via Telegram," he said.

At the end of the 7th session of trial for the suspects last Tuesday the judge declared that "the necessary sentence (for the suspects) will be issued (for them) by the legal deadline".

Trial for the ISIL terrorists opened in a Tehran late in April.

Two terrorist attacks were simultaneously carried out by five ISIL terrorists against the Iranian Parliament building and the Mausoleum of late Imam Khomeini, both in Tehran, Iran, on 7 June 2017, leaving 17 civilians dead and 43 wounded.

8 ISIL terrorists were tried at Tehran Revolutionary Court in the presence of their lawyers and families of those killed in the attack.

Based on the indictment, one of the suspects has joined the ISIL in a foreign state almost three years ago and returned to Iran last year with weapons and ammunition and while he was armed with a suicide belt. He was tasked with coordination for terrorist attacks inside the country.

All the suspects present in the first court session were arrested on June 7-26, 2017, and they are accused of purchasing, carrying and keeping light, semi-heavy and heavy arms and conducting terrorist attack.

A few days after the June 7 terrorist attacks, the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps launched 6 missile strikes at ISIL centers in Syria's Deir Ezzur in retaliation.

"The Takfiri terrorists' command center, concentration points and logistical centers used for assembling cars for suicide attacks in Deir Ezzur region in Eastern Syria came under attack by the IRGC moments ago in a move to punish the terrorists for the twin attacks on the Iranian parliament and the holy shrine of the late founder of the Islamic Republic, Imam Khomeini, on June 7," a statement issued by the IRGC Public Relations Office said at the time.


posted by ZUKUNASHI at 01:57| Comment(0) | 国際・政治
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。