米国はシリアにサウジなどによるアラブ人軍勢の設置とそれへの資金供給の協力を模索している: ずくなしの冷や水

2018年04月18日

米国はシリアにサウジなどによるアラブ人軍勢の設置とそれへの資金供給の協力を模索している

次のウォールストリートジャーナルの記事は大変興味深いです。
@ 米軍がシリアに不法に進駐しているのは、ISISなどのテロリストと戦うためであるという基本的なフィクションで全体が貫かれている。
A シリアに米軍を駐留させる経費がかさむのでトランプは、早期に米軍を引き揚げたいが、米軍がシリア(特に北部)から撤退したら、イランやロシア、その代理人、または過激派に領土を奪われてしまう恐れがある。
B このため、米軍が引き揚げた後に米軍の果たしてきた役目を担うアラブ人の軍勢を北部シリアに置きたい。それをエジプト、サウジ、カタール、UAEに打診、申し入れている。サウジ以下は資金面の負担もする。
C これがウォールストリートジャーナルの記事ですから、米国信奉の記者や専門家がこのようなラインを外れた見方を示すことなどできるはずがありません。米国のMSMは、ここまで国策に沿った記事を書いているのです。
D それでも米国の軍事費負担が大きくて耐え難いものとなっていることは率直に書かれています。エジプトが兵を出すことには消極的であること、サウジ、UAEがイエメンとの戦争で手一杯なことも書かれています。

wsj April 16, 2018 9:18 p.m.
U.S. Seeks Arab Force and Funding for Syria
WASHINGTON−The Trump administration is seeking to assemble an Arab force to replace the U.S. military contingent in Syria and help stabilize the northeastern part of the country after the defeat of Islamic State, U.S. officials said.

John Bolton, President Donald Trump’s new national security adviser, recently called Abbas Kamel, Egypt’s acting intelligence chief, to see if Cairo would contribute to the effort, officials said.

The initiative comes as the administration has asked Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates to contribute billions of dollars to help restore northern Syria. It wants Arab nations to send troops as well, officials said.

Details about the initiative, which haven’t been previously disclosed, have emerged in the days since the U.S.-led strikes on sites associated with the Syrian regime’s chemical-weapons capabilities.

Mr. Trump, who has expressed growing impatience with the cost and duration of the effort to stabilize Syria, alluded to the push on Friday night, when he announced the missile strikes.

“We have asked our partners to take greater responsibility for securing their home region, including contributing larger amounts of money," Mr. Trump said.

In early April, Mr. Trump spoke about the need to speed the withdrawal of the 2,000 troops the U.S. has in Syria, a position at odds with many top advisers who worry that leaving the country too soon would cede ground to Iran, Russia, their proxies or other extremist groups. The new administration initiative is aimed at avoiding a security vacuum in Syria that would allow Islamic State to return or ceding hard-won gains to Iranian-backed forces in the country.

A spokesman for the National Security Council declined to comment about Mr. Bolton’s call to Mr. Kamel, who is widely regarded as one of the most powerful figures in the Egyptian regime.

Other officials, however, acknowledged the conversation and noted the administration had reached out to the Gulf states as well.

"Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the U.A.E. have all been approached with respect to financial support and more broadly to contribute,” an administration official said.
(中略)
Charles Lister, a senior fellow at the Middle East Institute, said that assembling a new force would be a challenge because Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E. are involved militarily in Yemen, and Egypt would be reluctant to defend territory that wasn’t controlled by the regime of President Bashar al-Assad.
(中略)
But that plan was upended by developments in the field. Many U.S.-backed Syrian Kurdish fighters have abandoned the fight against Islamic State and rushed toward the city of Afrin and other areas in northern Syria that have been attacked by Turkish troops.
(中略)
The idea also has caught the attention of Erik Prince, the private businessman who founded Blackwater USA and who has helped the U.A.E. and Somalia set up private security forces.
(中略)
Egypt rarely has deployed troops abroad since the country sent more than 30,000 soldiers to join the American-led coalition fighting Iraq in the 1991 Gulf War, and its government sometimes has made statements supporting the authorities in Damascus, though it says it hasn’t taken sides in the conflict.
(中略)
Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E. have helped pay the stipends for the Syrian fighters the U.S. is supporting, American officials say.

Administration officials are calculating Arab nations will respond more favorably to a request from Mr. Trump, who already has asked Saudi Arabia to contribute $4 billion to restore former Islamic State-held areas of Syria.

FARSNEWS2018/4/17
TEHRAN (FNA)- Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are reportedly recruiting thousands of African mercenaries to serve in their military adventurism overseas, including the bloody war on Yemen.

The Kingdom is likely using Chadian mercenaries in its operations abroad, Saudi sources told the al-Quds al-Arabi newspaper.

They said the speculation had gained more credence after Chad’s President Idriss Deby traveled to Saudi Arabia earlier in the month to observe the Joint [Persian] Gulf Shield-1 military drills in the Eastern Saudi city of Jubail.

The Kingdom has signed secret agreements with N’Djamena, enabling its enlistment of thousands of Chadian mercenaries, according to the sources.

The UAE is, meanwhile, seeking to recruit thousands of mercenaries from Uganda to deploy in Yemen and Somalia, Yemen’s al-Masirah television network reported, citing Arabic media outlets.

The Emirates is Saudi Arabia's most senior partner in the war on Yemen, which has been raging since March 2015 to return the impoverished country's Riyadh-allied former government.

The countries have already recruited thousands of mercenaries, and the UAE is eyeing Ugandan recruits amid the prospect of Sudan’s withdrawal of its forces from the Saudi-led coalition.

Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Zayed Al Nahyan is reportedly to travel to Uganda to sign several agreements bringing 10,000 Ugandan forces into Emirati ranks.

Informed sources said 8,000 of the forces would be deployed in Yemen, and the rest in Somalia, where the UAE has been militarily active.

Thousands have either died or been displaced as a result of the Saudi-led coalition’s offensive in Yemen.

Western powers had proposed that Saudi Arabia ink military cooperation agreements with Chad in order to bring Riyadh closer to the African nations, which enjoy good ties with Israel.

The Kingdom does not officially recognize Israel, but the two are widely reported to have cooperated behind the scenes for years.

Speaking to the pan-Arab al-Hewar television channel, dissident Saudi Prince Khalid bin Farhan Al Saud revealed on April 5 a series of “conditions” set by the US and Israel for Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman so he can secure their help in ascending to the throne.

The conditions, he said, included normalization of Riyadh’s ties with the regime in Tel Aviv.


※ Partisangirl認証済みアカウント @Partisangirl氏の2018/4/18のツイート
#SaudiArabia already has troops in #Syria, it's called #ISIS.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 10:25| Comment(0) | 国際・政治
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。