シリアでの米国の狙いは資源の制圧 ISISとの戦いではない: ずくなしの冷や水

2018年02月09日

シリアでの米国の狙いは資源の制圧 ISISとの戦いではない

米国やその同盟軍に参加している国の狙いは地下資源です。アサド政権が国民を抑圧したからとかいう理屈でシリア侵略を正当化しようとする論者は、盲目です。

RT2018/2/8
True US goal in Syria is control over resources, not fighting ISIS – Russian MoD
The US-led coalition’s attack on pro-government forces in Syria has again proven that Washington’s true goal is to capture “economic assets” instead of fighting terrorism, the Russian Defense Ministry said.

The MoD was referring to an incident which took place on Tuesday in Deir Ez-Zor province, as a Syrian militia unit was moving against a “sleeper cell” of Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS). The operation was prompted by a surge in shelling of the positions of Syrian government forces in the area over the past few days, attributed to the covert activities of IS terrorists, the ministry said in a statement on Thursday.

A unit of the pro-government militia was conducting a reconnaissance search mission on February 7 near the former oil processing plant of Al-Isba. While there, “the militiamen came under a surprise mortar and MRLS shelling, and were attacked by helicopters of the US-led ‘international coalition.’”

As a result, 25 members of the pro-government unit were injured. Initial media reports, citing unnamed US officials, suggested that some 100 Syrian soldiers had died in the assault by the coalition forces.

The US Central Command earlier called the attack on Syrian militiamen “self-defense,” claiming that the troops allegedly launched an “unprovoked attack against well-established Syrian Democratic Forces [SDF] headquarters.”

The US version of events, however, raises “lots of questions,” Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said Thursday.

Following the incident, the Russian military talked to the coalition through the established communication channels, with the latter stating that Al-Isba was under the control of SDF and US troops. The immediate cause of the incident, according to Russia’s Defense Ministry, was the fact that the militia unit acted on its own, without consulting Russian advisers first.

The case exposes a greater problem, however, as according to the MoD the attack by the coalition “once again proved that the true goal of the continuous illegal presence of US forces in Syria is already not the fight against ISIS international terrorist group, but the capture and control of the economic assets belonging solely to the Syrian Arab Republic.”

Damascus has decried the attack as a “war crime” and a “crime against humanity,” SANA reports, citing a letter to the UN issued by the Foreign Ministry. The US-led coalition is illegal and should be disbanded altogether, the ministry stressed.

“We demand [the international community] condemn this massacre and hold the coalition responsible for it,” the ministry said, adding that this is not the first time the US-led coalition has targeted Syrian government forces.

The Syrian government has repeatedly condemned the US-led coalition’s presence on its soil, calling it an act of blatant aggression and violation of the country’s sovereignty.

Damascus has also urged the UN to press the US to leave, especially following the successful defeat of the main IS forces. The US, however, has stated that it may remain in Syria indefinitely to counter what it describes as Iranian influence and to secure “post-Assad leadership” for the country.

Recent developments indicate that the US might be effectively shifting towards partitioning Syria altogether, Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov warned earlier on Wednesday.

“It’s very likely that the Americans have taken a course of dividing the country. They just gave up their assurances, given to us, that the only goal of their presence in Syria – without an invitation of the legitimate government – was to defeat Islamic State and the terrorists,” Lavrov stated.

“Now, they are saying that they will keep their presence until they make sure a steady process of a political settlement in Syria starts, which will result in regime change.”

FARSNEWS2018/2/8
US-Led Coalition Hits Syrian Troops Again, Kills +100 Forces

TEHRAN (FNA)- The US-led coalition carried out several “defensive” airstrikes on Syrian forces in Deir Ezzur province in retaliation for what it called an “unprovoked” attack on the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) and foreign military “advisers”.

The US military is claiming that so-called anti-ISIL coalition forces repelled a threatening Syrian Army-led attack consisting of five hundred troops – backed by artillery, tanks, multiple-launch rocket systems and mortars – late on Wednesday and early on Thursday against positions of Arab and Kurdish militias at energy fields near the town of Khasham on the Eastern shore of the Euphrates River in Deir Ezzur province.

“In defense of Coalition and partner forces, the Coalition conducted strikes against attacking forces to repel the act of aggression against partners engaged in the Global Coalition’s defeat-Daesh (ISIS/ISIL) mission,” the Central Command said.

The retaliatory attack was carried out after Syrian “pro-regime forces initiated an unprovoked attack against well-established Syrian Democratic Forces headquarters,” the coalition claimed.

The US-led coalition has also firmly stressed its “non-negotiable right to act in self-defense”, since its service members are embedded with the “partners” on ground in Syria.

According to reports, more than 100 pro-government forces have been killed in the airstrikes carried out by the US-led coalition in Syria's Deir Ezzur.

Damascus had announced in mid-June that the US-led coalition bombers have shot down one of its fighter jets during a mission in Raqqa province. The warplane was carrying out operations against ISIL in the countryside of Raqqa when it was targeted.

As Washington claims that it fights against the ISIL group, US warships fired 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles from two warships in the Mediterranean Sea at the Shayrat airfield in Homs province on April 7, following a chemical weapons incident in Idlib province which the Western countries blamed on the Damascus government.

The Syrian government has fiercely denied using or even possessing chemical weapons since the country’s compliance with the Chemical Weapons Convention was certified by international observers in 2013, as the world is still waiting for the US and its allies to provide any proof for its claims of Bashar al-Assad government involvement in the alleged chemical attack.

Also on May 18, the US-led coalition struck pro-Assad forces near al-Tanf in the area of an established de-confliction zone. The coalition air raids occurred near al-Tanf, where US' and British special operations forces have been training militants near the border with Iraq and Jordan.

On June 6, the Pentagon announced the coalition conducted a new strike on pro-Syrian government forces as they entered the de-confliction zone with Russia and posed threat to its personnel. The force comprised of a tank, artillery, anti-aircraft weapons, armed technical vehicles and more than 60 soldiers. At least two Syrian servicemen were killed and more than 15 injured as a result of the attack.

On June 8, the US-led coalition bombed pro-Damascus forces near al-Tanf in the area of a de-confliction zone following an alleged attack by a combat drone resulting in no coalition forces' casualties. It was the third attack by the coalition on Damascus' allies in the area, as the coalition targeted a drone and trucks with weapons.

Furthermore, on September 16, 2016 US-led coalition aircraft carried out four strikes against the Syrian Army near the Deir Ezzur airport, killing nearly 100 people.

According to several reports, the US plans to keep its troops in Syria long after the defeat of ISIL. Washington has been justifying its deployment of ground troops in Syria, which violates the embattled nation’s sovereignty, by citing the need to fight ISIL.

Pentagon Spokesman Eric Pahon said early December that US forces will stay in Syria indefinitely, while there is no legal justification for Washington presence in the county which has endured a deadly six-year conflict and partial occupation by ISL, as it had admitted that the United States has 1,720 troops in Syria.

"We are going to maintain our commitment on the ground as long as we need to, to support our partners and prevent the return of terrorist groups," he added.

The US-led coalition of 68 nations has been conducting airstrikes against what are said to be Daesh targets inside Syria since September 2014 without any authorization from the Damascus government or a UN mandate.

The military alliance has repeatedly been accused of targeting and killing civilians. It has also been largely incapable of fulfilling its declared aim of destroying the Daesh Takfiri terrorist group. Washington has long been accused of colluding with Daesh to provide safe passage and logistic support to the members of the militant group in conflict zones. The United States has maintained its military presence in Syria under the pretext of fighting ISIL, but Washington has armed and funded various militant groups which fighting against Damascus government and its allies.


rudaw2018/2/9
Coalition: We will defend ourselves and our partners
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – With coalition forces and their allies in Syria coming under fire in Deir ez-Zor and at the receiving end of threats out of Ankara, the spokesperson for the global alliance stressed that they have the right to defend themselves and will not hesitate to do so.

The events of Wednesday night show that “our stance is very clear that we will defend ourselves and our partners. If there’s any thoughts of doing this again in the future, I hope that they would think twice about doing that – whoever it may be,” Col. Ryan Dillon told Rudaw TV on Thursday.

He was speaking about coalition airstrikes on forces that had attacked a known SDF headquarters in Deir ez-Zor, eastern Syria.

The United States estimates more than 100 pro-Syrian regime forces were killed, a military official told AFP on condition of anonymity.

Dillon stressed, however, that their mission remains the war against ISIS. “We do not have a fight with pro-regime forces. Our fight is continued to focus on ISIS,” he said.

On Wednesday, Dillon was in Manbij with the commanding general of all coalition forces in Iraq and Syria, Lt. Gen. Paul E. Funk.

He described the trip as a “routine visit,” but acknowledged that it comes at a time when Turkey has directly threatened the coalition forces and their SDF allies in the area.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has vowed to “foil games along our borders, starting from Manbij.”

Coalition forces are stationed in the Manbij area to prevent clashes between Turkey and their proxies and the Kurdish-led forces.

Turkey’s Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag has said that “American soldiers in YPG uniforms” could become targets.

Funk’s timely trip was an opportunity “for him to say to our troops and to media that were in the area that we always have the inherent right to defend ourselves against any threat, whether that be ISIS or anything else,” Dillon explained.

The general’s message for the soldiers stationed at the Manbij outpost was one of reassurance that the coalition is backing them, “despite some of the rhetoric and some of the talks that have been in the news lately,” Dillon added.

In Afrin, where Turkey’s military operation against the YPG has been underway for nearly three weeks, Dillon said the coalition is not conducting operations, but they are watching the situation closely to see how it could affect the war against ISIS.

The YPG-led SDF is fighting “every single day to defeat ISIS elements” in the Middle Euphrates River Valley of eastern Syria, Dillon said, noting that the terror group remains the biggest threat to the Middle East and the world.

“So, as anything that happens in Afrin distracts from the fight against ISIS, it is very much a concern to the coalition,” he said.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 12:18| Comment(0) | 国際・政治
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。