フェイクニュースと誤報道で国家紛争が揺れ動く湾岸諸国: ずくなしの冷や水

2017年09月11日

フェイクニュースと誤報道で国家紛争が揺れ動く湾岸諸国

※ Al Jazeera News‏認証済みアカウント @AJENews の2017/9/101のツイート
NYT debunks fake ISIL statement on Qatar used by Saudis http://aje.io/z6zem

NYT debunks fake ISIL statement on Qatar used by Saudis

ISIL statement expressing support for Qatar in the Gulf crisis is 'apparently fake', says The New York Times.

The New York Times on Sunday debunked information spread by official Saudi media outlets a day earlier claiming Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) expressed support for Qatar in the Gulf crisis.

The US publication said the ISIL statement aiming to link Qatar to terrorism was "apparently fake".

It was not the first time Qatar was targeted by spreading misinformation.

Last month, Dubai TV aired a false report claiming anti-government demonstrations took place in Qatar's capital, Doha, and alleged troops - including soldiers from Turkey - fired tear gas at protesters.

The media attacks come amid a dispute between Qatar and its neighbours - Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Bahrain - as well as Egypt.

The quartet cut diplomatic ties with Doha on June 5 and imposed an air, sea and land blockade on Qatar - accusing it of supporting Iran and "extremists" in the region.

Qatar strongly denies the allegations.

Marwan Kabalan, director of policy analysis at Doha Institute for Graduate Studies, told Al Jazeera by spreading false news Saudi Arabia may be diverting attention from a story in the US media about the Saudi embassy's possible links to the September 11, 2001 attacks.

"This shows that Saudis are doing their best to divert the attention from yesterday's reports by The New York Post and The Independent saying that the Saudi embassy in Washington did in fact have ties to some of the hijackers of the 9/11 attacks," said Kabalan.

The Gulf crisis kicked off in May following the hacking of Qatar News Agency's website, when comments falsely attributed to Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani were broadcast by both UAE-based broadcasters Sky News Arabia and Al Arabiya.

The networks went big with the news, inviting guests to dissect and condemn the reported speech.

RT2017/9/8
Saudi Arabia suspends ‘all dialogue’ with Doha after phone talks with Qatar emir & Trump

Riyadh is suspending all communication with Doha after Qatari media allegedly misreported the contents of the first phone talks on the crisis between the two Arab states, Saudi state media said. It comes after Donald Trump called on Gulf countries to unite against Iran.

On Friday, the Emir of Qatar contacted Saudi Arabia’s defense minister Mohammed bin Salman – recently elevated to the rank of crown prince – by phone to discuss the list of demands issued to Doha by the four Arab countries, led by the Saudis. Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the UAE insist Qatar comply with the ultimatum if it wants an end to the ongoing economic and travel blockade.

Initial reports said Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani expressed his willingness to enter into negotiations with the quartet.

However, Saudi state news agency SPA soon broke the news that Riyadh was suspending all dialogue and communication with Doha and accused the Qatar News Agency (QNA) of “distorting facts” while reporting on the phone conversation.

"The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announces the suspension of any dialogue or communication with the authority in Qatar until a clear statement is issued clarifying its position in public," the SPA reported.

QNA said the Saudi crown prince allegedly proposed to “assign two envoys to resolve the dispute in a way that respects the sovereignty of states,” while both leaders “stressed the need to resolve this crisis… to ensure the unity and stability” of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), Al Jazeera reported.

The agency added that the call was coordinated with US President Donald Trump.

It was not immediately clear which part of the reporting Riyadh disputed. In the run-up to the announcement, both bin Salman and al-Thani held separate phone talks with Trump Friday after the latter expressed a willingness to mediate in the Qatari crisis. Trump also spoke to the UAE’s Crown Prince Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed al-Nahyan.

In its statement following the talks, the White House said Trump highlighted the importance of unity among the Arab states in the battle against terrorism and as a counterweight to Iran, in particularly stressing the necessity to curb terrorism funding and to stamp out extremist ideology.

The four Gulf countries severed diplomatic ties with Doha on June 5, following the lead of Saudi Arabia and Bahrain which accused Qatar of supporting terrorist groups and interfering in the internal affairs of other countries. The bloc then imposed an economic and travel blockade on Qatar, demanding it accept a 13-point ultimatum for relations to be restored. Qatar, however, dismissed the demands, which included the withdrawal of Turkish forces from its territory, shutting down its Al Jazeera television network and cutting aid to extremist groups.

As the crisis unfolded, Trump joined the Saudi-led bloc in accusing Doha of sponsoring terrorism. Qatar hosts the largest US base in the region, the Al Udeid Air Base. Over 10,000 American service members are stationed there and Qatari soldiers regularly hold drills with US troops. The last such exercise was in June this year.

FARSNEWS2017/9/9
Saudi Arabia Accepts, Then Rejects Olive Branch Offered by Qatar
TEHRAN (FNA)- Saudi Arabia suspended plans to hold talks with Qatar on how to resolve the ongoing crisis between Doha and four Arab states minutes after the Saudi crown prince and the Qatari ruler discussed the planned negotiations during a phone call.

On Friday, Qatari Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani called Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, expressing his willingness to hold dialogue over the demands of the four Arab states from Doha, Shafaqna reported.

During the phone conversation, both leaders stressed the need to resolve the crisis through dialogue.

"During the call, the emir of Qatar expressed his desire to sit at the dialogue table and discuss the demands of the four countries to ensure the interests of all," Saudi state news agency SPA reported, adding that "the details will be announced later" after consulting with the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain and Egypt.

Qatar News Agency’s (QNA) reported that during the phone call both sides "stressed the need to resolve the crisis by sitting down to the dialogue table to ensure the unity and stability” of (Persian) Gulf Cooperation Council countries.

Sheikh Tamim welcomed the proposal of Prince Mohammed during the call "to assign two envoys to resolve controversial issues in a way that does not affect the sovereignty of the states," the Qatari news agency added.

The phone call is believed to be the first official contact between the two Arab kingdoms since the beginning of the crisis three months ago.

Minutes later, however, Saudi Arabia's state news agency cited a Saudi Foreign Ministry official as saying that Riyadh suspended plans for negotiations over QNA's failure to mention that Doha had initiated the phone call.

QNA was not accessible at the time of this report, but according to Qatari news network Al Jazeera, QNA had said that the phone call was coordinated by US President Donald Trump.

"What was published on the Qatar News Agency is a continuation of the distortion of the Qatari authority of the facts," SPA reported, citing the Saudi official.

"The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia announces the suspension of any dialogue or communication with the authority in Qatar until a clear statement is issued clarifying its position in public," it added.

Earlier on Friday, Trump held separate phone calls with the Qatari and Saudi rulers as well as UAE Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.

According to a White House statement, Trump told the three Persian Gulf Arab rulers that unity among Washington's Arab partners to promote regional stability and counter “the threat of Iran.”

Trump also stressed that all countries must remain committed to countering terrorism and extremist ideology and cut off funding for terrorist groups, the statement added.

Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt, and the United Arab Emirates cut their diplomatic ties with Qatar on June 5, accusing Doha of sponsoring terrorism and destabilizing the region.

The Saudi-led bloc has imposed sanctions against the tiny Persian Gulf country, including restrictions on Qatari aircraft using their airspace. Qatar’s only land border with Saudi Arabia has also been blocked as a result.

The boycotters later released a 13-point list of demands, including the closure of Al Jazeera news network and downgrade of relations with Iran, in return for the normalization of diplomatic relations with Doha.

Qatar has rejected the demands as an attack on its sovereignty.

Experts have touted the Qatar crisis as the fallout of Trump’s visit to Riyadh in early June, when he signed the largest single arms deal in US history with King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to sell Riyadh $110 billion in arms.

In the early days of the crisis, Trump took to Twitter to praise the Saudi-led bloc’s decision to cut ties with Qatar, implying that it was the fruit of his first visit to the Middle East.

However, on June 14, the US signed a $12-billion deal with Qatar to sell F-15 fighter jets to the country.

posted by ZUKUNASHI at 10:53| Comment(0) | 国際・政治
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。