ティラーソン 発言にミス : ずくなしの冷や水

2017年10月24日

ティラーソン 発言にミス 

米国に国務長官(外務大臣)はいるのかなと思わせられるほどにティラーソンの発言が伝えられていません。北朝鮮問題、ロシアとの間の公館縮小・閉鎖問題で発言が聞こえてきません。国連大使がときにヒステリックな発言をする。
トランプに振り回されてとてもやっていられないというのが本心でしょう。でも、彼は賢いです。発言しないことが身を守る上で最も有効と判断しているのでしょう。1年務められるか。

2017/9の国連総会時にラブロフとティラーソンが会談しています。会談の内容も薄いようです。ラブロフはカウンタパートを失ったも同然では? それが米国の作戦かも知れませんが。

ティラーソンの“moron”低脳者発言で、トランプがIQテストで直接対決しようと言っています。信頼関係は失われています。辞任をどこまで引き伸ばすか。

ティラーソンがサウジ訪問時にイラク民衆機動部隊は家に帰るかイラクを去れと発言しました。
 During his tour to Saudi Arabia, Tillerson on Sunday urged the Iraqi popular forces to "go home" or leave the country.
これをイラン外相がイラク民衆機動部隊に対する侮辱だと強く非難、イラクのアバディも避難しています。イラク民衆機動部隊はイランで訓練を受けているとの説もありますが、基本はイラク人のはずです。政府軍と違って過去のしがらみや汚職がなく士気が高いためにサウジの関係者が何度かイラク民衆機動部隊を対ISIS戦闘に従事させるなと発言しています。米国のトップ外交官の発言としては、内政干渉のそしりを免れないミスとも言えるでしょう。

RT/201/10/10
The high-IQ society Mensa said it would be willing to host President Donald Trump and secretary of state Rex Tillerson in an IQ test, following the widespread outrage over a joke Trump made in a recent interview.
“American Mensa would be happy to hold a testing session for President Trump and Secretary Tillerson,” Charles Brown, the group’s communications director, told The Hill.
Mensa is a non profit organization open to people who score at the 98th percentile or higher on a standard, supervised intelligence test.

後任者が取りざたされています。
FARSNEWS2017/10/10
US Muslims Concerned 'Award-Winning Bigot' to Become Next Secretary of State
TEHRAN (FNA)- Muslim groups in the United States showed concern over the potential nomination of an official accused of making past "Islamophobic" comments to become next US Secretary of State.

A group, dubbed Muslim Advocates, said reports suggesting that CIA Director Mike Pompeo could be nominated to the post are "concerning", New Arab reported.

"Rumours that Mike Pompeo is being considered for a cabinet position should concern every senator and every American who cares about religious freedom," Scott Simpson, public advocacy director for Muslim Advocates, said in a press statement.

"The Secretary of State is in charge of implementing much of the Muslim ban, and having someone so hostile to American Muslims in that role is even more chilling.

"This not a man who can be trusted in the cabinet, and we urge members of the Senate to speak up against his potential nomination," the statement added.

Pompeo has made a number of controversial statements against Muslims in recent years.

Following the Boston Marathon attack, Pompeo accused Muslim American leaders of being "potentially complicit", angering the nations Muslim community.

The US official also claimed that Muslims "abhor Christians…and will continue to press against us until we make sure that we pray and stand and fight".

He was also a staunch advocate of halting the refugee resettlement program.

"Just last year, he accepted the 'highest honor' from the largest anti-Muslim hate group in the country, meaning his bigotry is literally award-winning," Muslim Advocates added.


RT2017/10/4
'Petty nonsense': Tillerson slams claims he threatened to resign
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson told reporters he had “never considered leaving” his post and described the story about friction between him and President Donald Trump as “erroneous” and “petty nonsense.”

"The vice president has never had to persuade me to remain as Secretary of State because I have never considered leaving," Tillerson said Wednesday morning, addressing the press at the State Department after an NBC News story accused him of calling Trump a "moron" and threatening to resign earlier this year, only to be talked out of it by Vice President Mike Pence.

The vice president likewise denied the claims in the NBC story.

"At no time did he and the secretary ever discuss the prospect of the secretary's resignation from the administration. Any reporting to the contrary is categorically false," said Jarrod Agen, Pence's spokesman.

The NBC story was “fake news” and was “totally refuted” by Tillerson and Pence, Trump tweeted shortly after the State Department press event, calling for the network to apologize “to America.”

RT2017/9/1
Diplomatic war: From Obama’s expulsion of Russian embassy staff to Trump’s closure of SF consulate
A series of diplomatic ‘tit-for-tat’ steps since Barack Obama’s expulsion of Russian staff last year has severely strained relations between Russia and US. In its latest move, citing a “spirit of parity,” Washington gave Moscow 2 days to shut down its San Francisco consulate.

Just days before the New Year celebrations, then-US President Barack Obama declared 35 Russian diplomats in the US “persona non grata” and gave them 72 hours to leave the country. The decision affected 96 people – the officials and their families, according to the Russian foreign ministry.

Obama described those expelled as "intelligence operatives," having alleged that the Russian embassy staff acted in a "manner inconsistent with their diplomatic status." Washington also closed two Russian diplomatic compounds in New York and Maryland. Those were vacation retreats, which the US claimed Moscow used for intelligence-related purposes.

The Kremlin resisted retaliatory measures suggested by its foreign ministry so as not to ruin the holidays for American diplomats. "We reserve the right to retaliate, but we will not sink to the level of this irresponsible ‘kitchen’ diplomacy. We will take further moves on restoring Russian-American relations based on the policies that the administration of President-elect Donald Trump adopts," Russian President Vladimir Putin said at the time.

To justify the expulsions, the Obama administration blamed Russia for allegedly interfering in the US presidential election which saw Republican candidate Donald Trump become president. No evidence of Moscow's interference or hacking has ever been made public by the US intelligence community.

Moscow denied accusations of Russia aiding Trump and said it’s "reminiscent of a witch hunt," with Putin noting that the US is not "a banana republic" for others to interfere with its people's choice and determine its political course.

July 25, 2017: Congress approves unilateral anti-Russia sanctions bill

Despite the new US president's apparent intentions to build better relations with Moscow, and after months of contacts through various diplomatic channels that led to reassurances, Trump signed legislation that imposed new sanctions against Russia at the beginning of August.

Passed by the Senate and the House of Representatives, the new legislation partially stripped Trump of his presidential authority to formulate a foreign policy vis-a-vis Russia, by limiting his ability to ease sanctions without the approval from Congress.

Trump signed the 'Countering American Adversaries Through Sanctions Act' but noted it was "seriously flawed" and had "clearly unconstitutional provisions" that encroach on the executive branch's authority to negotiate foreign policy.

Having discussed Washington’s sanctions policy with US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, Russia's Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said the US law on sanctions against Russia “has become another link in the chain of unfriendly steps and dangerous for international stability, striking a powerful blow to the prospects for bilateral cooperation."

July 28, 2017: Moscow tells US to cut embassy staff down to size

Following the legislation’s approval by the US Congress, the Kremlin hit back, targeting the American diplomatic missions in Russia.

Moscow ordered the US State Department to limit the number of its personnel in Russia to 455, bringing it in line with the number of Russian diplomats in the US. President Putin said 755 American staff would have to leave by September 1.

Moscow also took back property used by American mission staff in the Russian capital, barring embassy workers from the retreat in the renowned Serebryany Bor park and forest area as well as storage facilities in the south of Moscow.

August 21, 2017: US cuts back visa operations in Russia
In response, the US embassy in Russia announced it was suspending all "non-immigrant visa operations" in Russia as of August 23. Visa operations would resume in September, but only at the main embassy building in Moscow. Russians would no longer be able to apply for visas at US consulates in St. Petersburg, Yekaterinburg and Vladivostok.

Lavrov said the visa decision had been made to worsen Russian citizens' attitude toward their authorities, with his ministry adding the move had "an obvious political connotation."

Russians will have to wait for 85 days for an appointment at the US embassy in Moscow if they want to apply for standard tourist visas, according to the State Department.

The appointment waiting time is 53 days for other non-immigrant visas, such as business ones. Before the announcement, the time limits were reportedly much shorter, even during high season.

August 31, 2017: US orders closure of Russian consulate
Though the decision to cut back consular operations in Russia was made by the State Department and not Moscow, the Trump administration cited “the spirit of parity invoked by the Russians” to order the closure of Russia’s consulate in San Francisco, California and two diplomatic annexes in Washington, DC and New York City, on August 31.

Russia was given 2 days’ notice to implement the decision.
“The US is prepared to take further action as necessary and as warranted,” State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said in a statement announcing the move. White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders confirmed to reporters that Trump himself made the decision.

Lavrov “expressed regret over the escalation of tensions,” noting they were not initiated by Russia. He told Tillerson that Moscow would "closely study" the new US measures and would inform Washington of its reaction in due course.


RT2017/8/18
Damage control? Tillerson pushes for diversity at State Dept amid Trump controversy
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has joined the list of top US officials who made statements about the importance of racial diversity in their agencies amid public outrage over President Donald Trump’s comments on the violence in Charlottesville.

The US State Department will be hiring more non-whites to fix the “great diversity gap” that exists at the agency, Tillerson said on Friday, addressing interns and fellows at the State Department.

“Only about 12 percent of our senior foreign service officers are non-white,” Tillerson said, while only nine percent of Foreign Service specialists are African-American.

RT2017/8/15
Tillerson calls out Turkey, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia & Iran over religious freedom
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has singled out several Muslim-majority countries for violating religious freedoms. He also called out Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS) terrorists for their “genocide” of Yazidis, Christians and Shia Muslims.

Tillerson has accused friends and foes alike of violating their citizens’ religious freedoms, particularly focusing on Muslim-majority countries in his presentation of the US State Department’s annual report on religious freedom worldwide.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 09:03| Comment(0) | 国際・政治
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。