米国のアフガン遠征は失敗 軍隊を引き上げるべきとロシア特使 タリバンが米軍に撤退を要求: ずくなしの冷や水

2017年08月22日

米国のアフガン遠征は失敗 軍隊を引き上げるべきとロシア特使 タリバンが米軍に撤退を要求

2017/8/21のトランプの演説は、はっきりしません。

RT2017/8/22
"Our troops will fight to win," Trump said, and he insisted victory in Afghanistan would be clearly defined.

"But we will no longer use American military might to construct democracies in far away lands, or try to rebuild other countries in our own image – those days are now over," Trump said. "Instead, we will work with allies and partners to protect our shared interests. We are not asking others to change their way of life, but to pursue common goals that allow our children to live better lives. This Principled Realism will guide our decisions moving forward."

Trump was widely expected to heed the advice of his senior advisors Monday evening and announce an increase of the number of US troops in Afghanistan, which currently stands around 8,400.

About 2,400 Americans have died in the war, the longest in the US’ history.RT2017/8/17
‘Loser superpower’: Russian senators claim US campaign in Afghanistan ended in failure
Members of the Russian upper house have stated that the 16-year US military campaign in Afghanistan had ended in failure and reiterated a call for Washington to withdraw troops from that country.
“George Bush Junior started the war, Barack Obama promised to end it but never did it. As a result, President Donald Trump has been left with a disaster on his hands. Loser superpower,” Senator Aleksey Pushkov tweeted.
Pushkov released this comment soon after Taliban released an open letter to Trump in which it claimed that the military operation in Afghanistan was in vain despite the huge costs, both in terms of human casualties and material losses. The letter then urged Trump to make a decision that would always see him remembered as an advocate of peace.
US State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert confirmed receipt of the Taliban’s open letter and said that Washington was considering various options as far as possible troop removal from Afghanistan is concerned.
Earlier this week, the Russian president’s special envoy to Afghanistan, Zamir Kabulov, said in a press interview that the US campaign in Afghanistan had failed and Washington needs to withdraw troops. He added that Moscow strongly opposes the plan to replace the regular US military forces in Afghanistan with military contractors.
On Thursday, the deputy head of the Russian upper house Committee for International Affairs, Andrey Klimov, told reporters that Kabulov’s statement was a sign that Moscow intended to use political and diplomatic leverage to prevent further spreading of US military presence.
“A US-led military intervention has been taking place for 16 years, right near the CIS borders. And considering the fact that the borders within the CIS are transparent this means that this is happening right near our borders,” Klimov said in comments with Vzglyad internet daily. The CIS is the Commonwealth of Independent States – a Russia-led political and economic bloc of former Soviet republics.
“In recent years this has borne no resemblance to an anti-terrorist operation and looks more like a colonial policy, an attempt to keep the US military contingent there at any cost,” he added.
The senator also noted that previously Russia has approved of the military operation conducted by the US and its NATO allies in Afghanistan, and even provided assistance to this operation, but this position has been reconsidered because of the deterioration of Russia-US relations and also because the operation in Afghanistan has failed to yield any positive results.
“Quite some time ago is became clear that the anti-terrorist operation conducted by the US and NATO in Afghanistan is ineffective, but in the course of this operation the flow of illegal drugs into Russia has increased many-fold, according to some estimations even 100-fold,” he said.
“All this calls for a reaction and the first statements made on the subject reveal that Russia intends to use political and diplomatic means to prevent this gray spreading of the US military presence in Afghanistan,” the senator concluded.

RT2017/8/14
Taliban to Trump: Withdraw all US troops from Afghanistan, foreign occupation is main driver of war
In an open letter, the Taliban have urged US President Donald Trump to withdraw all US troops from Afghanistan, as the commander-in-chief ponders his next move in the country.

“Previous experiences have shown that sending more troops to Afghanistan will not result in anything other than further destruction of American military and economical might,” the Taliban stated in 1,600-word English-language letter, released to the media through spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid.

The letter accused “warmongering” generals and politicians of prolonging the conflict and claiming more and more American and Afghan lives.

The militants said that the only true path to peace was an end to the American presence in the country.

“Everyone now understands that the main driver of war in Afghanistan is foreign occupation,” the letter reads.

“The Afghans have no ill-intention towards the Americans or any other nation around the world but if anyone violates their sanctums then they are mighty proficient at beating and defeating the transgressors.”

The letter claims that Afghan officials are downplaying the seriousness of the situation and that only a fear of causing mass civilian casualties is holding the Taliban back from a large-scale offensive.

Though Trump himself has previously criticized US interventionism abroad, his administration is considering a new strategy there, which could see deploying thousands more troops to the war-torn country as part of the NATO-led coalition, at the request of General John Nicholson, the senior US commander in Afghanistan.

On Monday, Defense Secretary James Mattis said the White House was looking at a number of options for the new US strategy in Afghanistan, which range from a troop surge to increased use of contractors to a full withdrawal.

Russian President Vladimir Putin’s special envoy to Afghanistan, Zamir Kabulov, said the US campaign in the country has failed to meet its goals and that it was time to go.

“Moscow never hastened the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan. But since the US Army [campaign] there has come to nothing, let them leave Afghanistan,” he told Izvestia on Sunday.

“The American campaign in Afghanistan has failed. Afghanistan risks becoming a global incubator of international terrorism. It has, in fact, already partially grown to become it.”

The Taliban are fighting to restore their Islamist rule over Afghanistan, which they enjoyed from 1996 to 2001, when they were the most powerful faction in the country, before being toppled by an American-led invasion. Since then, Washington has spent $780 billion in Afghanistan, according to the National Priorities Project (NPP), in what has become its longest-running conflict, with no clear end in sight. Between 2001 and 2016, the Costs of War Project has estimated that around 173,000 civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan have been killed.


RT2017/8/14
'US campaign in Afghanistan has failed, troops should leave' – Russian envoy

The US campaign in Afghanistan has failed and Washington needs to withdraw its troops, says the Russian president’s special envoy to Afghanistan. He added that Kabul has grown into a “global incubator of international terrorism.”

Moscow does not see the need for further presence of the American contingent in Afghanistan, Zamir Kabulov, who is also the Russian Foreign Ministry's director of the Second Asian Department in Afghanistan, told Izvestia daily.

“Moscow never hastened the withdrawal of US troops from Afghanistan. But since the US Army [campaign] there has come to nothing, let them leave Afghanistan,” Kabulov said.

“The American campaign in Afghanistan has failed. Afghanistan risks becoming a global incubator of international terrorism. It has, in fact, already partially grown to become it,” Kabulov added.

Russia strongly opposes the American idea to replace the regular US Army in Afghanistan with military contractors.

“The US is in despair, and plans to replace the professional armed forces with mercenaries are stupid. It will not lead to anything good: mercenaries will simply break into a run. They recruit them from around the world, offering cash. How are they going to fight against the Taliban?” the diplomat wondered.

The US Department of Defense has spent more than $76 billion on weapons and equipment for the Afghan security forces since 2002, the US Government Accountability Office said last week.

Washington has paid for 600,000 weapons, including rifles and pistols, for the Afghan Army and police, the GAO report, released on Thursday, said.

The key equipment provided included 163,000 tactical and non-tactical radios; 76,000 vehicles, such as Humvees; 30,000 equipment items for disposing of explosives, such as bomb disposal robots; and 16,000 equipment items for intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance, such as unmanned surveillance drones, just to name a handful.

The report came as President Donald Trump said he is “very close” to announcing a new strategy on Afghanistan.

“It’s a very big decision for me,” he told reporters in Bedminster on Thursday.

“I took over a mess,” Trump said, “and we’re going to make it a lot less messy,” he added.

Calling the situation in Afghanistan a “stalemate,” Army General John Nicholson told the US Senate Armed Services Committee earlier this year that while he has enough troops for counterterrorism operations against the likes of the Taliban, Al-Qaeda, and Islamic State, he would like several thousand more in order to boost the capabilities of the Afghan security forces.

Nicholson said troop injections could come from the US military or NATO nations.

“I have adequate resourcing in my counterterrorism mission,” Nicholson said in February.

"But the train, advise and assist mission has a shortfall of a few thousand troops,” he added, noting that the extra troops could come from the United States and its allies, many of whom are fighting in Afghanistan.

Nicholson said that offensive capability would eventually “break the stalemate in Afghanistan,” but it would also require an increase in troops stationed in Afghanistan in order to adequately train Afghan forces, Nicholson noted, specifically calling for increased funding for Afghanistan’s air force.

From 2001 to mid-2016, around 173,000 civilians in Afghanistan and Pakistan have died amid the American-led war, according to the Costs of War Project. More than 183,000 civilians have been seriously wounded in that time.

“We should leave Afghanistan immediately. No more wasted lives. If we have to go back in, we go in hard & quick. Rebuild the US first,” Trump tweeted in 2013.

About 8,400 US troops and 6,400 NATO soldiers remain in Afghanistan following the large-scale NATO troop reduction in 2014. US-led forces entered Afghanistan to end Taliban control more than 15 years ago, following the September 11, 2001 World Trade Center attacks.
The US has spent more than $780 billion in Afghanistan since 2001, according to the National Priorities Project (NPP), with the research tank saying that “every hour, taxpayers in the United States are paying $4 million” for the war in Afghanistan.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 10:52| Comment(0) | 国際・政治
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。