シリア関係: ずくなしの冷や水

2016年05月24日

シリア関係

FARSNEWS2016/5/24
Military Sources: Russia to Give Crushing Response to Terrorists' Ceasefire Violation

TEHRAN (FNA)- Russia is preparing to give a highly crushing response to the opposition and terrorist groups' warning that they would break the UN-brokered truce in Syria.

Syrian opposition groups put out a statement on Monday, saying that they will no longer abide by a ceasefire agreement if the Syrian military doesn’t halt a major offensive on their positions in the suburbs of Damascus within 48 hours.

The signatories to the statement include Western and Turkish-backed rebel factions.

A statement by the Free Syrian Army (FSA), signed by nearly 30 other terrorist groups that operate across Syria, said that they would deem the ceasefire as having "totally collapsed" if the assault by Syrian government and allied Lebanese Hezbollah forces fighters did not cease within two days.

The signatories included Western and Turkish-backed groups operating on the main frontlines in Northern and Southern Syria.

The statement was issued after Syrian forces and allied fighters seized an extensive area Southeast of the capital on Thursday.

Now military officials say that the terrorist groups' threats which means non-commitment to the ceasefire will give Russia a pretext to intensify its attacks against the militants' positions.

"Russia is now preparing for a crushing response," they add.

FARSNEWS2016/5/24
Military Expert: US Delaying Kurd's Military Operations in Raqqa to Save ISIL

TEHRAN (FNA)- A senior Syrian military expert said Washington is trying to save the Takfiri terrorists in Raqqa province by delaying the Kurdish forces' military operations against the terrorist groups there.

"The main reason for the US' insistence on finding a political solution to the Syrian crisis is to shun coordination with Russia to combat the terrorist groups," Syrian Army's Retired Colonel Elias Ebrahim told FNA on Tuesday.

He reiterated that the US has deceived Syrian Kurdish fighters by rendering ineffective assistance to them. "This has taken place with the aim of delaying the Kurdish fighters' attacks on Raqqa while the Kurdish fighters are behind the Raqqa gates."

This comes as other sources say the Kurdish fighters' impending attack on Raqqa has been put on hold because the US is coordinating with the ISIL to leave Raqqa without any bloodshed in a bid to save the terrorist group for future fight against President Assad's government.

Kurdish sources in Northeastern Syria said earlier today that ISIL's movements and evacuation of its forces and military hardware from Raqqa and their deployment to Deir Ezzur and the oil-rich regions of Syria have increased the possibility of collusion between the terrorists and Western meddlers in Syria war.

"The ISIL has been transferring a large number of its forces and their heavy military equipment to the energy-rich regions in the Eastern Syria, mainly in Deir Ezzur and Eastern Homs, to save its revenues from smuggling of oil and gas," the sources said, adding, "The ISIL had previously made such decisions, including retreating from al-Houl and al-Shadadi in Hasaka where the terrorist group left the battlefields without any resistance against the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF)."

"The ISIL decision to leave capital of the self-proclaimed Caliphate for the SDF fighters and their American backers without resistance is in line with the US policy in Syria which opposes the Syrian government forces' rule and control over the country's energy-rich regions in Deir Ezzur and Homs," the sources added.

"The ISIL has thus far transferred 12 Hummer vehicles from Raqqa to Albu Kamal in Deir Ezzur and has deployed several US-made Abrams artilleries to the village of al-Hosseiniyeh Northwestern of Deir Ezzur," they added.

Informed sources within the SDF ranks announced on Saturday that the SDF fighters are preparing to launch a large-scale operation to end the ISIL terrorists' rule over the Northeastern province of Raqqa.

"The Syrian Democratic Forces that are mainly comprised of Kurdish fighters are ready to storm the ISIL terrorists' positions in the capital of self-proclaimed Caliphate," the sources said.

"In the meantime, the US warplanes dropped leaflets over the city of Raqqa on Thursday and demanded civilians to leave the city as soon as possible," they added.

FARSNEWS2016/5/24
Ahrar Al-Sham, Not ISIL, Responsible for Monday Blasts in Lattakia

TEHRAN (FNA)- The Ahrar al-Sham terrorist group and not the ISIL is responsible for the seven bomb explosions on Monday which rocked the coastal towns of Tartous and Jableh in Lattakia province and left at least 150 people dead and tens of others injured.

The ISIL claimed responsibility for the bombings but there are reasons to reject the claim.

The ISIL doesn’t have massive or even a remarkable presence in Lattakia and even if its claims of responsibility for the attacks are proved to be true, the attacks have definitely been the result of its collaboration with Ahrar al-Sham or al-Nusra Front. Then in that case, Ahrar or Al-Nusra have had the major share in the attacks, but asked the ISIL to declare responsibility in a bid to prevent being stuck off from the list of Washington's supported group as the US has openly stated that it doesn’t consider them as terrorist groups yet.

Another reason pointing to Ahrar al-Sham's role in the seven blasts is that the Syrian security forces arrested a suicide bomber concurrently with the Monday attacks who confessed to be a member of Ahrar al-Sham.

Also, the ISIL's past statements showed that the terrorist group uses the word of al-Nasirien (Alawi) for its victims but the yesterday statement used another method and used other words common only among the Syrians.

According to reports, there were up to three explosions in the coastal town of Jableh near the local railway terminal. State TV also reported a fourth explosion, at the emergency unit of a local hospital.

Tartus explosions were a car bomb, while another was caused by a suicide bomber. Another explosion was reported later.

Both towns targeted by Monday attacks are close to facilities used by the Russian task force in Syria.


FARSNEWS2016/5/24
Syria: Al-Nusra Terrorists Threaten to Repeat Al-Zara Massacre North of Hama

TEHRAN (FNA)- The al-Qaeda-affiliated al-Nusra Front threatened to shell the entire army-held territories in Ghawr al-Assi and its surroundings in the Southeastern parts of Hama province, calling on the Syrian army to end airstrikes on its positions in the region.

Al-Nusra Front, whose positions and bases have sustained heavy damage in the Syrian air attacks, threaten to do the same massacre with the civilians of Ghawr al-Assi the group and its allies did in al-Zara in Southern Hama if the Syrian fighter jets continue to target the terrorists' strongholds in the province.

On May 12, terrorists of al-Nusra Front, Ahrar al-Sham movement, and other terrorist groups affiliated to them committed a massacre against the people of al-Zara village in the Southern of Hama province, with the terrorists also kidnapping women and children from the village and looting and vandalizing houses and properties.

FARSNEWS2016/5/24
Ahrar Al-Sham's Top Figure Visits US without Trouble

TEHRAN (FNA)- A top figure from the al-Qaeda-linked Ahrar al-Sham terrorist group was allowed to pay a visit to the US on a European passport, despite the group’s deadly military campaign in Syria, a report said.

Labib al-Nahhas, who calls himself “a chief of foreign political relations at Ahrar al-Sham,” had no trouble entering Washington back in December 2015, the US-based McClatchy DC news network said.

According to the report, he stayed in the US for a few days to speak with “third parties.”

The report, citing four unnamed individuals with direct knowledge of the trip, revealed that Nahhas had been in Washington to meet with lobbyists and Middle East researchers.

“They’re treating Labib al-Nahhas as an individual," said Faysal Itani, a Syria specialist with the Atlantic Council’s Rafik Hariri Center for the Middle East.

"They could make, quickly, the decision that he’s persona non grata in the United States and yet they haven’t,” he said.

US authorities, however, declined to comment on whether they knew about the trip, or whether the State Department had facilitated his entry.

State Department spokesman John Kirby did confirm, however, that the US was in contact with a number of what he called Syrian opposition groups, including Ahrar al-Sham.

“We don’t discuss visa records. In general, US officials have engaged with a range of Syrian opposition groups, including Ahrar al-Sham. However, we are not going to get into the details of any such discussions,” Kirby said.

The US has refused to tag Ahrar al-Sham a terrorist group despite the fact that it has conducted various terrorist acts in Syria.

On May 11, a Russian proposal to the UN to put Ahrar al-Sham on a terror blacklist was blocked by Washington, a decision that was shared by the UK, France and Ukraine.

Ahrar al-Sham is one of the largest terrorist groups operating in Syria since 2011 and is mostly active in the country’s northwest.

In mid-May, the group admitted its involvement in a brutal raid at a Syrian village, alongside terrorists from al-Qaeda’s Syrian affiliate, al-Nusra Front, with which it is allied.

Among other attacks, it also launched rounds of mortar raids on the city of al-Sqeilbiyeh and al-Jaberiyeh Village in Syria’s Hama Province back in April.

Syria has been gripped by foreign-backed militancy since March 2011. Damascus says Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Qatar are the main supporters of the militants fighting government forces.

United Nations Special Envoy for Syria Staffan de Mistura estimates that over 400,000 people have been killed in the Syrian crisis.


RT2016/5/24
Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all ISIS forces – Russian deputy security chief

Since Moscow started its air operation in Syria on September 30 last year, the Russian Air Force has eliminated over a third of Islamic State fighters in the country, the deputy head of Russia’s top security body revealed.

“We estimate that at the beginning of our operation Al-Nusra Front and Islamic State [IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL] possessed about 80,000 fighters, of whom 28,000 (35 percent) have already been eliminated. This is [the result of] our actions together with the Syrian Army,” Evgeny Lukyanov said at the VII international security summit being held in Grozny, the capital of Russia’s Chechen Republic.

“Well, the [US-led anti-terrorist] coalition eliminated an additional 5,000 in two years,” Lukyanov added.

“There were people predicting that it [Russia’s anti-terrorist operation in Syria] would result in another Afghanistan or something like that. That would never be. There are only limited military plans,” Lukyanov said, stressing that Syrians “must solve their issues for themselves.”

The principle task of the Russian operation in Syria has been to force the sides to start a political dialogue, the Russian Security Council’s top official stressed.

“Otherwise this [war] would have no end in sight.”
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 23:53| Comment(0) | 福島原発事故
この記事へのコメント
コメントを書く
お名前: [必須入力]

メールアドレス: [必須入力]

ホームページアドレス:

コメント: [必須入力]

※ブログオーナーが承認したコメントのみ表示されます。