ずくなしの冷や水

2018年07月13日

Iranian Envoy Meets Russian President in Moscow

FARSNEWS2018/7/12
Iranian Envoy Meets Russian President in Moscow
TEHRAN (FNA)- Iranian Supreme Leader's top aide for international affairs and President Rouhani's special envoy Ali Akbar Velayati held a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow on Thursday.

During the meeting, Velayati submitted two important messages from Supreme Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei and President Hassan Rouhani to President Putin.

Velayati conveyed the verbal message of Ayatollah Khamenei and the written message of President Rouhani to the top Russian official during a meeting held in Putin's residence Northwest of the capital city of Moscow.

During the meeting, Velayati siad that cooperation between Iran and Russia is more necessary than before due to the fact that the US president is a rebel.

"The present situation is very sensitive; the world is under the influence of a rebel as the president of the US. Thus, the collaborations get more and more necessary. And that's why I'm carrying messages from Iran's supreme leader and president," he added.

Velayati described Iran-Russia ties as strategic, andsaid, "In the past few years, the mutual and regional ties have expanded."

The cooperation in Syria against terrorism and its creators is an example of Tehran-Moscow relations; such relations can only be described in the long run, he said.

"What's more, mutual ties in the fields of defense, politics, economy, security, and nuclear technology are other examples."

Velayati expressed the hope that the discussions with the Russian president and other authorities would result in a turning point in the two countries' strategic ties.

Iranian Ambassador to Moscow Mehdi Sanayee and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov were also present in the meeting.

Velayati arrived in Moscow on Wednesday.

The visit was made after Lavrov announced that the major European countries, France, Germany and Britain, have voiced readiness to protect business with Iran independent from the US dollar.

Lavrov said the decision particularly concerns small and medium-sized companies.

He explained that the participants in the Iranian deal have agreed to work out measures to protect the countries’ businesses from US sanctions.

“Everyone agrees that this (US sanctions) is an absolutely illegal and unacceptable policy, but, of course, this can hardly be changed and there will be enough struggle in trade, economic and political spheres,” the minister said.

Last week, EU lawmakers gave approval for the European Investment Bank (EIB) to do business in Iran in an attempt to save the 2015 nuclear deal.

“We are granting the EIB the capacity to invest in Iran if suitable projects are found,” said Siegfried Muresan, a lawmaker from the center-right European People’s Party.

“The Iran deal is good for Europe’s security,” he said, referring to the accord signed by world powers in 2015.

US President Donald Trump announced on May 8 that Washington would no longer remain part of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) and promised to re-impose the highest level of economic sanctions against Iran.

The sanctions reinstated on Iran on May 8 included boycott of Iran's crude supplies and bans on transfer of its crude revenues. There is a 180 days interval before these sanctions come into effect. Other US secondary sanctions are reinstated this month.

After Trump's declaration, the Iranian government issued a statement, calling the US withdrawal as "unlawful". The statement underlined Iran's prerequisites for continuing the deal with the five world powers. These conditions that were reiterated later by Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei later mainly included Iran's guaranteed crude sales and transfer of its revenues back home.

Two months later, the other five powers party to the nuclear deal have failed to satisfy Iran. President Hassan Rouhani voiced his disappointment over a recent package of incentives proposed by the European Union countries to Tehran, and said that the Islamic Republic expected a much better, clearer and explicit stance by the EU.

"Unfortunately, the EU’s package of proposals lacked an operational solution and a specific method for cooperation, and featured just a set of general commitments like the previous statements by the European Union," President Rouhani said in a telephone conversation with German Chancellor Angela Merkel last Thursday.

President Rouhani pointed to US' unilateral withdrawal from the nuclear deal, and said, "After the US withdrawal from the JCPOA, Iran has been dealing with economic issues and problems in banking relations and oil, and foreign companies that have invested in Iran are skeptical about continuing their business."

The Iranian president, however, said that the package proposed by the three European countries (the UK, Germany, and France) on how they are going to live up to their commitments and cooperation under the JCPOA was “disappointing”.

President Rouhani reiterated that the JCPOA was a mutual commitment, and said, "Iran had expected a clear plan from the three European countries after the two months’ time they have been given to come up with solid guarantees to ensure Iran’s economic interests would continue to be met despite US pullout and reinstatement of sanctions."

The Iranian president, however, said that Tehran would continue cooperation with Europe if the outcome of Friday's Vienna talks would be promising.

“If the process of the European foreign ministers’ meeting in Vienna, which is aimed at encouraging Iran to cooperate, is promising, we will continue our cooperation with Europe,” Rouhani added.

But the Vienna talks last Friday among foreign ministers from Iran and the five world powers (Russia, China, Germany, France and Britain) failed to satisfy Iran with senior officials in Tehran complaining that the Europeans had offered nothing new to ensure Iran’s continued merits under the deal.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 03:43| Comment(0) | 国際・政治

クルドがマンビジの支配をシリア軍に引き渡す見込み

FARSNEWS2018/7/12
Kurds Likely to Return Control of Manbij to Syrian Army
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian army is in talks with the Kurds to retake control of the strategic town of Manbij in Northeastern Aleppo, media reports said on Thursday.

Media sources affiliated to the dissidents in Syria reported that representatives of the Syrian government and a number of officials of the Manbij military council, affiliated to the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), have held a meeting on the future of the town.

They added that the two sides conferred on the process to deliver control of a security region in Manbij as well as al-Shahba (Tishrin) dam South-East of the town to the Syrian army forces, noting that it can pave the ground for the army's full control over Manbij.

Meantime, earlier reports said that the US and Turkey had agreed on a roadmap to expel the Kurds from Manbij.

The Arabic-language al-Watan newspaper quoted informed sources as saying last Thursday that meetings between the Syrian government and the Kurdish forces have recently increased but they have not yet produced remarkable results.

They added that the Kurds have opted for delivering control of the Eastern Euphrates after Washington withheld its support for the Kurdish militias in Manbij and Afrin.

Meantime, Turkey is preparing for an agreement with the Americans in Eastern Euphrates after its recent elections, which would give the Kurds a hard time if made.

The sources told the Arab paper that the possibility has increased for an agreement between the Syrian government and the Kurds at present as Americans are trying to hinder any such agreement.

FARSNEWS2018/7/12
Media: Kurdish Forces in Hasaka Deliver Control of Key Region to Damascus
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian army has reached an agreement with the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) to retake control of a key neighborhood in Hasaka, media reports said on Thursday.

The Arabic-language al-Watan newspaper reported that implementation of an agreement between the Syrian government and the SDF in Hasaka province in Northeastern Syria has started with the transfer of the control of occupied regions to the army.

It quoted dissident sources as saying that the SDF has surrendered control of al-Nashweh district in Hasaka city to the Syrian army, adding that the army has set up checkpoints near the region.

The SDF is now required to bring down the flags and slogans of Kurdish parties in the city in line with implementation of the agreement with the army.

Also, during the talks underway between the two sides in the town of al-Shadadi in Southern Hasaka, the SDF has proposed to deliver control of the bordering areas with Turkey to the Syrian government.

Al-Watan had also reported on Sunday that the Kurdish militias had agreed to deliver control of oil facilities in Hasaka province to the Damascus government as part of an overall agreement to surrender their regions to the army.

It quoted some opposition sources as disclosing that several government delegations have had meetings with commanders of the Syrian Kurdish People's Protection Units (YPG) that control the Eastern bank of the Euphrates River, adding that some Syrian military officers, and governor generals of Raqqa and Hasaka provinces had attended the meetings.

In the meantime, some Kurdish-affiliated sources disclosed that a new agreement has been endorsed by the YPG and the Syrian government based on which the Kurds will hand over oil facilities to Damascus to the sole exporter of Syria's crude oil.

The daily further said that a team of repair and maintenance experts have left Damascus for the town of Tabaqa in Western Raqqa and entered regions that are under the control of the US-backed Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) to have meeting with the managing committee of Tabaqa Dam presided by Mohammad Oso.

In the meantime, local sources reported that the Kurdish units have taken photos of their commander Abdullah Ocalan and the group's flags down from Qanat al-Sowis street in Hasaka city.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 02:29| Comment(0) | 国際・政治