ずくなしの冷や水

2018年05月27日

Why doesn’t the author ask what US troops were doing in Syria

※ Nina☦️ Byzantina認証済みアカウント @NinaByzantina
氏の2018/5/27のツイート
I suppose when the Syrian regime-change scenario failed, one has to get the consolation prize of creatively writing Hollywood-style stories like this. Why doesn’t the author ask what US troops were doing in Syria in the first place?

businessinsider.
About 40 US soldiers held off hundreds of Russian mercenaries in a brutal firefight in Syria
John Haltiwanger
May. 25, 2018, 4:01 PM
Roughly 40 US commandos held off about 500 forces loyal to the Syrian government − including Russian mercenaries − in an intense firefight in early February, The New York Times reports.
No US troops were harmed, but hundreds of pro-government forces were killed, according to The Times.
The firefight took place at an outpost next to a Conoco gas station in eastern Syria on February 7.

Roughly 40 US commandos held off about 500 forces loyal to the Syrian government and President Bashar Assad − including Russian mercenaries − in an intense firefight in early February, The New York Times reported Thursday, citing interviews and newly obtained documents.

According to the report, the February 7 battle lasted four hours, and by the end 200 to 300 of the pro-government forces had been killed, while all the US troops involved emerged unharmed.

The Russian government says only four of its citizens were killed in the battle, but other reports suggest dozens died.

Most of the forces the US commandos faced in the firefight, which took place at an outpost next to a Conoco gas station in eastern Syria, were Russian mercenaries thought to be linked to the Wagner Group, The Times reported.

The report says that when US military officials noticed the forces amassing near the outpost, they were nervous about a potential clash between Russian and US troops, which could have major geopolitical implications and lead to a larger conflict between the two world powers.

Through surveillance of radio transmissions, the US discovered that at least some of the pro-government forces were speaking Russian, stoking the fears, according to The Times. But the Pentagon contacted Russia, which did not claim the troops.

"The Russian high command in Syria assured us it was not their people," Defense Secretary James Mattis told senators in April. Mattis said he then directed Gen. Joseph Dunford Jr., the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, for the pro-Syrian-government forces to be "annihilated."

"And it was," Mattis added.

The pro-Syrian-government force also included Russian-made tanks and armored vehicles. During the attack, the US commandos faced a mixture of tank fire, large artillery, and mortar rounds, according to The Times.

Reaper drones, F-22 stealth fighter jets, F-15E strike fighters, B-52 bombers, AC-130 gunships, and AH-64 Apache helicopters ultimately came to the assistance of the US troops at the outpost, hitting the pro-government forces hard from the air, the report says.

At first, the outpost was guarded by about 30 Delta Force soldiers and rangers from the Joint Special Operations Command, but a team of Marines and Green Berets eventually came to their aid as well, The Times reported, adding that a small number of Kurdish and Arab forces, allied with the US, were also there.

Facing attacks from the air and the fierce firefight on the ground, the pro-government forces retreated, though some returned to collect the dead not long after the fighting ceased, according to The Times. No US troops were harmed, but one allied Syrian fighter was wounded, the report said.

The US has roughly 2,000 troops in Syria as part of its efforts to defeat the terrorist group ISIS. In recent weeks, President Donald Trump has been said to have considered taking US troops out of Syria, but the complicated array of factors surrounding the conflict there have led him to put aside such a move for the time being.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 23:43| Comment(0) | 国際・政治

9.11被害者に対する米裁判所対イラン巨額賠償命令に世界から控訴すべしとの声

FARSNEWS2018/5/27
Activist: Iran Already Exonerated of Role in 9-11 Attacks, Docs Display Israel's Complicity
TEHRAN (FNA)- A prominent Iranian political activist dismissed the Southern District Court of New York's ruling ordering Iran to pay more than $6 billion of reparation for the 2001 terrorist attacks, stressing Israel's role in killing nearly 3,000 Americans at the time.

The Southern District Court's ruling "found the Islamic Republic of Iran, the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, and The Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran" liable for the deaths of more than 1,000 people as a result of the September 11 attacks.

Judge George B Daniels of the Southern District Court of New York said that Iran is ordered to pay "$12,500,000 per spouse, $8,500,000 per parent, $8,500,000 per child, and $4,250,000 per sibling" to the families and estates of the deceased.

A default judgment is issued when a defendant does not contest the case in court.

Daniels issued other default judgments against Iran in 2011 and 2016 that ordered the Islamic Republic to pay victims and insurers billions of dollars for damages and deaths in the hijacker attacks.

Iran has rejected all cases, but it says it doesn't recognize the US courts for judging such cases.

Last week, thousands of American professors, politicians, experts and former members of the US Congress in a letter to the Iranian Ministries of Justice and Foreign Affairs called on the country to immediately appeal the Southern District Court of New York's ruling, and vowed to testify in support of the Islamic Republic in an appeals court after Tehran files for it.

Nader Talebzadeh, a prominent political expert and activist, referred to the letter, and stressed the need for Iran to end its tradition of not appealing the US courts' rulings and challenge the mainstream media's story about the 9-11 incident with the help of the US political activists at the court.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 22:27| Comment(0) | 国際・政治

プーチンはパーフォーマンスだけの会談・会見に付き合っていられるほど暇ではない

サンケイ2018.5.27 01:11更新
プーチン氏、会談に遅刻 会見の質問も取りやめ
 モスクワのクレムリン(ロシア大統領府)で26日に行われた安倍晋三首相とロシアのプーチン大統領の会談は、ロシア側の都合で48分間も遅れ、会談後の共同記者会見も質問ができなくなるなど、トラブルが続いた。
 プーチン氏は日露首脳会談の開始予定時刻に突然、新たに任命された閣僚との会合を開いた。安倍氏はホテルの部屋で待機を迫られ、外務省などの日本側関係者は大慌てで情報収集に追われた。

・・・引用終わり・・・

ホテルの部屋で待機を迫られるのは、別に珍しいことではない。クレムリンの中に人を入れて待たせることはしない。

そもそも、ぜひ会いたいと申し入れたのはどっちか、ロシア側がこの首脳会談が何か意味をもたらしうるとは考えていないのだろから、時間が取れなければどんどん遅れるだろう。

posted by ZUKUNASHI at 22:10| Comment(4) | 国際・政治

マテバシイやネズミモチが咲けばもう夏です

バナナの仲間、地湧金蓮 (ちゅうきんれん)、日本ではまだ珍しいようです。












posted by ZUKUNASHI at 21:46| Comment(0) | 日記

ロシアの26歳男性がキックスクーターでサンクトペテルスブルクからモスクワまで6日間で走破

A 26-year-old traveled over 720 kilometers from his home city of St. Petersburg to the Russian capital on a kick scooter.

RT、ロシアテゥデイがこの記事を配信した意味、ロシアの市民意識が変わっていることを、当局の姿勢も変わってきていることを強く感じます。





モスクワにだいぶ近くなったところの幹線道路の様子。路肩が滑らかなら時速10km近く出るのでしょうか。


モーテルのようなものはありませんから野宿です。7月ならまだ日が長いです。

・・・・・

2018/5/27、徘徊の帰り、駅でキックスクーターを手にした若い男性を見かけました。このキックスクーターは、子供用よりも車輪がはるかに大きく、そしてブレーキがついています。市価25千円ほどとのこと。



お話を伺うと、徒歩の3倍近くのスピードが出るそうです。

上のロシア青年の場合、条件の良い道路で時速12km。9時間走って108km。720 kmを6日間で走破ですから時速15km、1日8時間走って120km、6日間で720kmですね。

若さは一回限り。若いうちはいろいろなことに挑戦したらよいです。

初出 2016/8/1 追記 2018/5/27
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 18:43| Comment(0) | 国際・政治