ずくなしの冷や水

2018年01月11日

Corbyn Blasts May: She Is 'Too Weak'

FARSNEWS2018/1/11
Corbyn Blasts May: She Is 'Too Weak'
TEHRAN (FNA)- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn accused Prime Minister Theresa May of being “too weak” to sack underperforming members of her cabinet, after she reshuffled the lineup of her ministers in an attempt to reunify them ahead of a series of crucial foreign policy events this year.

Corbyn and May traded barbs in a raucous debate on healthcare Wednesday, during the first Prime Minister's Questions of 2018 in the House of Commons, presstv reported.

Heavily criticizing May’s lacking policies in addressing the issues plaguing the severely under-budgeted National Health Service (NHS), Corbyn stressed May lacked the courage to fire her health secretary Jeremy Hunt.

"We know the Prime Minister recognizes there's a crisis in our NHS because she wanted to sack the Health Secretary last week but was too weak to do it,” the Labour Leader added.

May defended her decision to keep Hunt, who has been at the helm of NHS since 2012, saying "record funding" was being put in the NHS under his management.

"And if the NHS is so well-resourced and so well-prepared, why was a decision taken last week to cancel the operations of 55,000 patients during the month of January?" Corbyn asked.

Faced with calls by Labour MPs to “apologize,” May said she would look into the problem bust insisted that Britain must be “proud” of NHS.

"The reality in our NHS is that we are seeing 2.9 million more people now going to accident and emergency, over two million more operations taking place each year,” she stressed.

May put herself in an embarrassment situation and had to dish out another apology after wrongly accusing Shadow Education Secretary Angela Rayner of skipping the session on purpose while in reality, the Labour MP was receiving medical treatment.

“I did not realize the Shadow Education Secretary was herself undergoing medical treatment – I apologize unreservedly,” the PM conceded.

May’s weak performance coupled with a humiliating loss of parliamentary majority in last year’s snap election has upped Corbyn’s chances of replacing her as the next British PM.

Corbyn predicted in October that he would defeat May in another general election in 2018. The next UK general election will be held in 2022.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 23:53| Comment(0) | 国際・政治

クルドのSDFがデリゾールで数百人のISISテロリストを釈放

FARSNEWS2018/1/11
SDF Releases Hundreds of ISIL Terrorists, Commanders in Deir Ezzur
TEHRAN (FNA)- The Syrian Democratic Forces have released over 400 ISIL members and commanders in Deir Ezzur province, sources said on Thursday, adding that tens of ISIL terrorists have joined the SDF.

Local sources in Deir Ezzur confirmed that the SDF has released 400 ISIL members, among them tens of senior terrorist commanders in Deir Ezzur as well as their security, economic, military and religious leaders.

Meantime, over 120 ISIL terrorists joined the SDF in Deir Ezzur.

The sources said that the SDF measure will possibly lead to heavy clashes with the people and tribes of Deir Ezzur and Hasaka as the ISIL terrorists have committed many crimes against them during the terrorist group's control over the region.

Relevant reports said earlier this month that the SDF released over 25 ISIL members, and started a fresh wave of arrests against civilians in camps under their control in Raqqa province.

The local sources said that the SDF has freed 26 ISIL members that had been previously captured in the town of Ein Issa in Northern Raqqa.

The sources further said that SDF has, instead, started arresting civilians in a camp near Ein Issa.

The arrests were launched after an SDF members was attacked by unknown raiders at the entrance of Ein Issa.

The pro-opposition Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported early in January that the SDF transferred over 40 ISIL terrorists in Deir Ezzur to Hasaka province in Northeastern Syria.

The SOHR said that over 40 ISIL terrorists - that had surrendered to the SDF in Southeastern Deir Ezzur - have been transferred to Hasaka via Northern Deir Ezzur.

posted by ZUKUNASHI at 23:38| Comment(0) | 国際・政治

Unrest in Iran & Tunisia caused by economic downturn – so why is Western spotlight on Tehran?

RT2018/1/11
Unrest in Iran & Tunisia caused by economic downturn – so why is Western spotlight on Tehran?
At least one person has been killed and several more injured as protests in Tunisia rage over the country’s economic situation. But why has the West not paid as close attention to them as it has to similar grievances in Iran?

The protests, which have seen police use tear gas to disperse stone-throwing crowds, first erupted around the New Year period in the capital Tunis and other cities. As with the recent demonstrations in Iran, the reason behind the unrest is economic. Many people are angry at the new budget plan introduced by the Tunisian government on January 1, which includes a rise in fuel prices and tax hikes.

“The root of it is just economics. It’s the problem of youth unemployment. I personally haven’t been able to find a job for a long time, but if people have a job, they don’t have any problem with the government,” one young man told RT.

“The rise in petrol prices this time are huge,” added another. “It’s unacceptable that we have to pay for this government’s mistakes.”

The anti-government protests in Iran started out decrying the country’s financial woes, high unemployment and alleged corruption, as well as the rising price of basic goods. The initial demonstrations began in late December in Iran’s second-largest city of Mashhad over price hikes, including the price of eggs, before spreading to other cities.

Western leaders were quick to react to the Iranian unrest, with US President Donald Trump even seeming to call for regime change.

But given the similarities prompting the protests in both countries, why has the Western media and leadership kept comparatively quiet about the situation in Tunisia? According to Said Sadek, professor of political sociology at the American University in Cairo, it may have something to do with the fact that Tunisia, unlike other countries, didn’t descend into bloody chaos after the events of the Arab Spring.

“Remember that America intervened in the area to promote democracy – they destroyed Iraq, they destroyed Syria, they destroyed Libya. So to them the success of Tunisia is very important so that the Arab Spring would produce a model that everybody should emulate and see that not all Western interventions were a failure,” Sadek told RT.

“In the case of Iran, they are very happy to look at any small detail that happens, or any small protest to inflate it in the media, to look as if this is the end of the regime and what will happen after the rule of Ayatollah Khomeini.”

The reason that the West, and particularly the United States, took a different line on Tunisia compared to Iran is also due to the latter’s geopolitical rivalry with Washington, Sadek explained.

“When it comes to Iran, Americans relate the economic issue to [Iran’s] policy and regional intervention in Yemen, in Syria, in Iraq, in Lebanon, whatever. So they try to portray the protests in Iran as a reaction … as a result of Iranian foreign policy intervention in the Middle East. If you change this policy the economic situation would improve. So they tried to inflate some of the protesters’ slogans regarding ending financial aid to Syria, to Hezbollah, to others. Whereas this is not the case in Tunisia.”

Sadek added that the tourism sector, a key part of the Tunisian economy, has been badly affected by the terrorist attack in Sousse back in June 2015, when a man armed with an assault rifle murdered 38 people, most of them British tourists, at a beachside hotel.

Since the toppling of President Zine el-Abidine Ben Ali in 2011, Tunisia has been relatively stable compared to its neighbor, Libya, despite occasional unrest and terrorist attacks. But successive governments have failed to get a grip on the economic situation.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 23:20| Comment(0) | 国際・政治

インド東部でずくのある父親が3人の息子の通学のため8kmの山道を2年がかりで切り開いた



RT2018/1/11
Defiant Indian father carves 8km through mountains to get his 3 sons to school
An Indian father, who didn’t want to abandon his isolated village like the rest of the locals, cut through 8km of hillocks by hand instead. The road enabled his three sons to safely travel to school in a nearby town.

Jalandhar Nayak’s family is the last one remaining in the village of Gumsahi in Odisha state, eastern India. All of the other residents left because it was isolated from the regional road network and lacked some basic facilities. But Nayak refused to leave. Instead, he used a hammer, a digging bar and a chisel; and worked eight hours a day for two years to cut through 8km of hillocks separating the village from the surrounding area.

His original plan was to spend three more years on a project spanning 15km to connect the village to a road that leads to the nearby town of Phulbani. His children attend school there, but the narrow path they had to use was quite perilous, he told Kalinga TV.

“My children find it difficult to walk on the narrow and stony path while going to their school. Often I saw them stumbling against the stones and I decided to carve a road through the mountain so that they can walk freely,” he said.

The epic effort remained unknown to the general public in India until January 9, according to the Hindustan Times. A report about the 45-year old’s story, which was published in a local newspaper, caught the eye of a government fund dedicated to rural development, which decided to reward the dedicated father for his labor. “Nayak’s effort and determination to cut mountains to build a road left me spellbound. He will be paid… for all the days he has worked,” the fund manager, Brundha D, told reporters.

Apart from financial support, Nayak will also get assistance from laborers to complete the construction work, the report added. “The district collector has assured me [of help] to complete the construction of the road to my village,” said Nayak, who sells vegetables to earn a living.

Indian media compared Nayak to another ‘mountain man,’ Dashrath Manjhi, who spent 22 years carving a path through a hillock to shorten the journey between his native village and a nearby town of Gaya. Manjhi decided to devote his life to the cause after his wife fell and eventually died while crossing the hills to get to the town. The road between the village and Gaya shortened the commute from 55km to 15km, thanks to his efforts.
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 22:33| Comment(0) | 国際・政治

いずれ日本産の農産物を体が受け付けない人が出てくるだろう

※ tunenti @tunentl氏の2018/1/9のツイート
北海道はもう17年前から大豆に始まり、ずっと遺伝子組み換えをやってきてたって。どんどん種類が増えてどうにも止められなくなってしまってたって。私が一番信頼してる農協組合員でも上のほうの役員が調べてくれた。土壌汚染が酷いから、もう北海道農業は終わりが近いって私の自然栽培の指導員が断言

・・・引用終わり・・・

「北海道では自然栽培が終わりに近い」は理解できる。

だが、「北海道農業は終わりが近い」かという点については疑問がある。

ただ、遺伝子組み換え作物に切り替わり、農薬、化学肥料多投での栽培品は、いずれ体が受け付けない人が増えてくるだろう。

その観点からは、国内栽培の野菜などに依存した日本型の食のパターンからは、早く切り替えを図ったほうが良い。岐阜や京都のホウレンソウをあえて食わなくても健康は維持できる。
posted by ZUKUNASHI at 00:42| Comment(1) | 福島原発事故